IGNORED

JET on Saturday

Redmycolour

40 minutes ago, gordie said:

I will applaud him onto the pitch if he gets on, always did a job for us when he played and gave us some great entertainment, always thought he was a bit under utilised last year and personally thought he would have been a good squad player this season,

Always did a job for us? Hahahahahahahahaahahhaahhaahhahahahahahahaha

2 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Tbf if there was one player who I wouldn't mind tearing us apart its Jet.

4-3 to city with a jet hat trick?

Wasnt the last time he played against us for Donny in a 5-1?? Murdered us. Expect the same again. Although i expect Charlie Austin will have ruined our afternoon way before JET might!!!

26 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Should still be here, anybody who thinks we would have been worse off with JET in the squad this season is deluded.

another masterstroke by the management team 

Are we sure that JET didn't decide to leave and go back to London before any contract was discussed?

Imagine if JET had told the Management that he was going to leave on a free regardless of any offer? I've never read anything that says this is or isn't the truth TBH. Once again, we don't actually know what happened I think.

1 minute ago, ciderup said:

Are we sure that JET didn't decide to leave and go back to London before any contract was discussed?

Imagine if JET had told the Management that he was going to leave on a free regardless of any offer? I've never read anything that says this is or isn't the truth TBH. Once again, we don't actually know what happened I think.

I only go on what the manager said, 'we are not going to offer a contract to JET'

I can see no value of coming out and saying that if its not true, 

He was a fans favourite so why would SC put himself under unnecessary pressure?

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

I only go on what the manager said, 'we are not going to offer a contract to JET'

I can see no value of coming out and saying that if its not true, 

He was a fans favourite so why would SC put himself under unnecessary pressure?

Maybe Cotts said that because he knew JET wouldn't sign it as they had already had a discussion? I don't know but it fits.

Just now, ciderup said:

Maybe Cotts said that because he knew JET wouldn't sign it as they had already had a discussion? I don't know but it fits.

Possibly, but i really don't understand why he would not have told the press/fans that, 

He couldn't have lost - 

'we offered JET a deal, he turned it down as wanted to be back in London' 

simple

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

Possibly, but i really don't understand why he would not have told the press/fans that, 

He couldn't have lost - 

'we offered JET a deal, he turned it down as wanted to be back in London' 

simple

Possibly, 'Jay has decided he wants to leave us and we respect that so no cotract will be offered'. That would have been better (if it was true). As Shtanley says, his agent was talking to clubs as well.

To blame the Management for letting him go isn't necessarily right as we don't actually know what happened. That's the point I'm trying to make (badly).

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Possibly, 'Jay has decided he wants to leave us and we respect that so no cotract will be offered'. That would have been better (if it was true). As Shtanley says, his agent was talking to clubs as well.

To blame the Management for letting him go isn't necessarily right as we don't actually know what happened. That's the point I'm trying to make (badly).

Fair points,

I look forward to reading what really happened in an autobiography one day! 

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Always did a job for us? Hahahahahahahahaahahhaahhaahhahahahahahahaha

I agree with you Dave. I like Jet, don't get me wrong, but already people seem to have a rose-tinted view of his time here. For every game he influenced with sublime skill, there was another where he strolled around anonymously with an urgency that would have embarrassed Dimitar Berbatov.

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree with you Dave. I like Jet, don't get me wrong, but already people seem to have a rose-tinted view of his time here. For every game he influenced with sublime skill, there was another where he strolled around anonymously with an urgency that would have embarrassed Dimitar Berbatov.

I think Jet needs someone alongside him to draw out the best in him, even though he is something of an attacking midfielder / deeper striker. 

The partnership he forged with matt smith was CRUCIAL in our bid for promotion. Failure to retain either of these players, or more importantly build upon their partnership and strengthen in the summer was another huge mistake. Whislt kodjia is doing well, he's just one player and can't be expected to replicate the success of two.

Archived