IGNORED

Are players together ?

coxyboy

Could not go yesterday as my lad was unwell. Just seen equaliser and seemed strange only Korey and Joe by celebrated with Wilbs. Having seen all the home games,  when we have scored previously seemed they all ran to congratulate each other. Anybody think the same. I hope they all stay together as we need team spirit. 

12 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Could not go yesterday as my lad was unwell. Just seen equaliser and seemed strange only Korey and Joe by celebrated with Wilbs. Having seen all the home games,  when we have scored previously seemed they all ran to congratulate each other. Anybody think the same. I hope they all stay together as we need team spirit. 

I thought the team spirit yesterday was the best I've seen all season. Laughing, joking, hugs, work rate. You could just tell they really get on. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I thought the team spirit yesterday was the best I've seen all season. Laughing, joking, hugs, work rate. You could just tell they really get on. 

This. Standing ovation at the final whistle. Quite emotional. Felt like one of those season changing games and the whole club/fans seemed as one at the end. Can only see us going one way from here. UP !

30 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

I think when a team take the lead, or score subsequent goals to increase their lead they nearly always all celebrate together too,  amongst other things, deliberately slow down the retake, QPR did it yesterday, and we often do it as well, when you  have scored to draw level, or scored to reduce a deficit the teams usually get on with the kick off ASAP.

Its just another bit of gamesmanship which is ruining the game.

We were on the front foot; a couple peeled away to celebrate with Wilbraham, but most were immediately heading back to get ready to get back at QPR, who were by that stage time wasting.

You can only speculate, but the body language and application across the team suggested not just that they cared but did so as a unit.

Only Kodjia showed any kind of petulance, and that was due to his frustration, and has been detailed elsewhere.  

He went straight down the tunnel at the end, but still applauded the crowd, and had indicated to someone by the tunnel he was knackered as he went towards it, so I'd read nothing into it.

I'd suggest any rumours of divisions are just that.

I thought there was a lot to like about our club yesterday. The players were clearly playing for each other and the manager, and the fans were right behind them. We may lack some quality but we certainly don't lack effort.

All this despite coming off the back of 4-0 drubbing and a precarious league position. Good to see.

27 minutes ago, samo II said:

We were on the front foot; a couple peeled away to celebrate with Wilbraham, but most were immediately heading back to get ready to get back at QPR, who were by that stage time wasting.

You can only speculate, but the body language and application across the team suggested not just that they cared but did so as a unit.

Only Kodjia showed any kind of petulance, and that was due to his frustration, and has been detailed elsewhere.  

He went straight down the tunnel at the end, but still applauded the crowd, and had indicated to someone by the tunnel he was knackered as he went towards it, so I'd read nothing into it.

I'd suggest any rumours of divisions are just that.

It's quite strange he seems to go down the tunnel most games. Maybe he feels awkward cause he can't speak to all the players in English. Although I was at Brighton away and he came and chucked his shirt into the crowd. 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

It's quite strange he seems to go down the tunnel most games. Maybe he feels awkward cause he can't speak to all the players in English. Although I was at Brighton away and he came and chucked his shirt into the crowd. 

Too true.

The Wolves game when (unusually) we won and he scored the only goal, he seemed to be wandering aimlessly at the final whistle, nowhere near any of his team mates or indeed as he was by the new stand, near any fans, either.

I think it is significant that he still hasn't done any sound media at all, suggesting that his English is still very poor. 

Another reason to bring in a second French speaker next month..

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Too true.

The Wolves game when (unusually) we won and he scored the only goal, he seemed to be wandering aimlessly at the final whistle, nowhere near any of his team mates or indeed as he was by the new stand, near any fans, either.

I think it is significant that he still hasn't done any sound media at all, suggesting that his English is still very poor. 

Another reason to bring in a second French speaker next month..

I'm around the ground quite often so I really hope I bump into him and can speak some French too him. Might contact his agent see if I can take him out for dinner explain what there is to do in Bristol aha

Whilst I appreciate the poster's admission of not being there, the sight of this thread title had me scratching my head.

If there's one bloody thing we've got left this season, one bloody thing, it's that the players/fans are together in this.

Given the results and some performances, this is nigh on remarkable. Lesser players would've let their heads go by now. Yesterday proved beyond measure the reds are together and won't give in. And the attendances and noise/support has been brilliant all year (including just not getting on players' backs).

Perhaps more thought could've gone in to the thread's title, I don't know. Maybe it's unimportant.

I daresay the 'missing' celebratory players were off celebrating with K Smith, L Freeman or someone else involved in the goal. Or, as E Bennett was, readying for the restart thinking we could possibly go on to win.

As said above, I think this is a case of over-thinking things.

Thank Gawd we have still got the players together as the boardroom and manager seem at odds.

2 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Whilst I appreciate the poster's admission of not being there, the sight of this thread title had me scratching my head.

If there's one bloody thing we've got left this season, one bloody thing, it's that the players/fans are together in this.

Given the results and some performances, this is nigh on remarkable. Lesser players would've let their heads go by now. Yesterday proved beyond measure the reds are together and won't give in. And the attendances and noise/support has been brilliant all year (including just not getting on players' backs).

Perhaps more thought could've gone in to the thread's title, I don't know. Maybe it's unimportant.

I daresay the 'missing' celebratory players were off celebrating with K Smith, L Freeman or someone else involved in the goal. Or, as E Bennett was, readying for the restart thinking we could possibly go on to win.

As said above, I think this is a case of over-thinking things.

Thank Gawd we have still got the players together as the boardroom and manager seem at odds.

Couldn't agree more.

Normally when a team is struggling, you get the feeling the players in that team don't give a toss. I've seen it plenty of times down the years here at the Gate...players who don't give a toss.

For all our failings this season, ive found it very difficult to criticise these players. They work for each other, and they give everything for one another.

As fans we can't ask much more then that. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't say I noticed but if so I reckon it's down to players eager to get back in position to win the game.

That would be my thoughts too when I read the first post. Very positive throughout the game and eachother again yesterday. Whatever our problems are it's not because the players aren't together.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Think SL should be getting all the squad French lessons for Christmas.

Get some Faux Gras in the canteens too while the club are at it oh and some truffles.. and a nice bottle of Chenin Blanc.. beautiful.

What was that big hand shake almost hugathon all about between Hasselbankers and Cotts.. are they mates or is the former a wannabe mate of Cotts? Steve seemed to pull away.. probably a jovial thing. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Get some Faux Gras in the canteens too while the club are at it oh and some truffles.. and a nice bottle of Chenin Blanc.. beautiful.

What was that big hand shake almost hugathon all about between Hassels and Cotts.. are they mates or is the former a wannabe mate of Cotts? Steve seemed to pull away.. probably a jovial thing. 

Cotts was probably asking how much it would cost to get JET on loan and pulled away when JFH told him.

Having come back from a goal down it felt like a win yesterday.

I thought the players were all committed and energetic which was perhaps surprising after a 4 - 0 thrashing at Derby.

As for "togetherness" us fans don't sit in the dressing room, but all the signs are that they are playing for Cotterill and still believe in him.

And, despite some strange substitute decisions in many games this season - I also still believe in him and I think he will achieve the bare minimum we need this season - survival in this league.

2 hours ago, Blazeyrobins said:

I think you are off the mark on this one, from what I saw yesterday the players are all together with a great team spirit. From all the team that started to those who didn't. Scott Wagstaff, Wes Burns extra all together working as one.

Re-reading and re-thinking the poster's comments/title, I think he/she's just making sure they are together rather than doubting it.

Great point about all of Burns, Waggy etc. Didn't see them myself - bad eyesight/too far away - but great to know they are doing that, perhaps esp Waggy as he has been beyond peripheral this season.

There's peripheral and then Waggy's over there, beyond that.

Herein lies the problem of speculating on the BCFC team and results from a distance.

When SOD took us down, he did so without a whimper . This team may not yet have the capability of competing effectively in the Championship but if anyone anywhere had any doubt about unity, passion, playing for the shirt, fans and manager then yesterday is proof. As was Huddersfield . 

I watched my team drop out of the Championship with SOD and saw it coming from a distance. The team I'm watching don't look or play like a team ready to go down and the fight back yesterday has pumped me up. Fans were brilliant too- the South Stand broke into applause and encouragement within 20 seconds of conceding the goal.

Bring it on.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Herein lies the problem of speculating on the BCFC team and results from a distance.

When SOD took us down, he did so without a whimper . This team may not yet have the capability of competing effectively in the Championship but if anyone anywhere had any doubt about unity, passion, playing for the shirt, fans and manager then yesterday is proof. As was Huddersfield . 

I watched my team drop out of the Championship with SOD and saw it coming from a distance. The team I'm watching don't look or play like a team ready to go down and the fight back yesterday has pumped me up. Fans were brilliant too- the South Stand broke into applause and encouragement within 20 seconds of conceding the goal.

Bring it on.

Yeah bring it on..COYR 

Team spirit does not appear to be a problem. Everyone is willing to work for each other. I have seen seven relegations at City, but in all previous cases, the spirit had disappeared from the side by mid December and never came back.

This small crumb of comfort gives me some hope that we will not go down this season.

I asked the same question to @djb6162 after the Derby game last week, he said there was absolutely no doubt the lads are still as tight as they were last season, on and off the pitch

I'd expect him to know better than most, so that will do for me

If they didn't celebrate as a group I'd take that as a sign they wanted to get back in position and get ready for QPR to come at them again. Good sign

23 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Re-reading and re-thinking the poster's comments/title, I think he/she's just making sure they are together rather than doubting it.

Great point about all of Burns, Waggy etc. Didn't see them myself - bad eyesight/too far away - but great to know they are doing that, perhaps esp Waggy as he has been beyond peripheral this season.

They were all together before the game including Waggy which was good to see. team spirit not in doubt, a few of the right additions to this close knit squad and I have every confidence we will move forward and stay up.

23 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Archived