IGNORED

marlon pack yesterday

cider city red 81

He was our best midfielder for the first hour, broke up play better than anyone throughout the game including for our goal, brings discipline and strength to our midfield and uses the ball intelligently (going backwards or sideways isn't a bad thing). 

Admittedly the last half hour (bar his contribution to our goal) he was poor, but one thing I like about him is he doesn't shirk responsibility, he's willing to offer himself when others may hide. He played 2 or 3 straight long balls through to their keeper but on one occasion immediately after this he hit a quality volley out wide to Bennett who unfortunately miscontrolled the pass.

Another thing I've noticed he does well is the basics either playing backwards/sideways or play the ball into channels if there aren't the options ahead of him. Not always does it come off 'in the eyes of the doubters', but what you have to appreciate is 9 times out of 10 that pass into the channel (that may look off target or to nobody) will put the opposition on the back foot requiring the covering centre back to play the ball out for a throw in/corner and that's if one of our forwards doesn't get to the ball first.

He's not our greatest player, but he gives 100% and players like him will never be appreciated by the majority of 'experts'! For as long as he does the above and wears our shirt I'll support him.

30 minutes ago, ojjy said:

He was utter tripe in my opinion..  His passing was rubbish and he was too.slow in movement and thought.l, the sooner we can get a decent midfielder the better.  He'll do a job as a squad player and due to his age he may come good but at the moment he's out of his league.

He never ever hides no matter how the game is going. Admire him and crucial to us

Gives 100% and for that, I will never get on his back . All you can ever ask is for a player to give his all

However, lets be brutally honest here. He is one of the major weak links in the team, and this is a position that should have been addressed in the summer. If we haven't addressed it by mid January, then Cotterill and Lansdown need shooting.

Had the same conversation with my dad on way home who thought Pack was best player on the pitch and could understand why he was always the scapegoat. 

To me he made some good headers & tackles/interceptions in the first 60min but faded out the game and his passing was poor.

Korey Smith would be the first name on my teamsheet and despite not reaching the heights of last year I still believe Freeman can be a big part of any future success so still feel Pack is the player to replace. 

1 minute ago, brad blit said:

Had the same conversation with my dad on way home who thought Pack was best player on the pitch and could understand why he was always the scapegoat

To me he made some good headers & tackles/interceptions in the first 60min but faded out the game and his passing was poor.

Korey Smith would be the first name on my teamsheet and despite not reaching the heights of last year I still believe Freeman can be a big part of any future success so still feel Pack is the player to replace. 

Judging by some of the other posts on other threads Luke Ayling may be putting in a bid for the position.

Thought he was average to honest apart when he thought he could beat rob green from a free kick about 80 yards out!

I like him but I do feel we need another option for when whoever in midfield is quite at it in the the last part of the match! Usually the last 10 mins which 20 mins to late if you ask me!

17 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Thought he was brilliant until about 65 minutes along with smith - then all of a sudden lost it and couldn't pass 5 yards, was bizzare 

Sorry, but if that was brilliant then it worryingly shows how  some of you forum members expectations on level of performance has dropped so alarmingly this season.

3 hours ago, ojjy said:

He was utter tripe in my opinion..  His passing was rubbish and he was too.slow in movement and thought.l, the sooner we can get a decent midfielder the better.  He'll do a job as a squad player and due to his age he may come good but at the moment he's out of his league.

Mental.

i guess you havnt watched too many games in your lifetime?

4 hours ago, ojjy said:

Thank god your not a football manager ...... 

2 hours ago, GJS said:

Mental.

2 hours ago, GJS said:

Mental.

53 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Thank god your not a football manager ...... 

Cheers guys. First of all I've seen plenty of City midfielders in my 30 years of supporting City.. Trust me Pack wouldn't be in my top 10.

Nope not a manager just a frustrated supporter who is fed up watching and out of form Pack not able to see the runs of Kodjia who with a simple through ball would be 1 on 1 time and again.

As I say just my opinion. 

When we are having more possession than other teams he will be key. If he can attempt the tricky through balls to Kodjia like he attempts the diagonals then he could be a great player. Him and Smith really compliment each other. A 3rd centre mobile strong centre mid would be ideal as then all 3 can interchange depending on different scenarios. Pack's defensive work is underrated imo

23 minutes ago, ojjy said:

frustrated supporter who is fed up watching and out of form Pack not able to see the runs of Kodjia who with a simple through ball would be 1 on 1 time and again.

So, the worst culprit for this yesterday was Williams. Had a gloriously easy through ball to Kodjia who was between the centre halves and through on goal. Williams passed inside instead, we lost the ball, and 30 seconds later we were 1-0 down. 

I'm sure a lot of fans will somehow find a way to blame Pack for that though. 

I'm not a pack basher but if any1 thinks he had a good/strong game yesterday they must be having a laugh. He was awful at derby, mis placed pass costing us a goal and against qpr his passing was awful. Set pieces he took were bang average. Having said all of that he has taken some unnecessary stick this season, my view is of the last two games not the whole season.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

So, the worst culprit for this yesterday was Williams. Had a gloriously easy through ball to Kodjia who was between the centre halves and through on goal. Williams passed inside instead, we lost the ball, and 30 seconds later we were 1-0 down. 

I'm sure a lot of fans will somehow find a way to blame Pack for that though. 

Wouldn't disagree..  But every match Pack gets the ball.. JK starts his run then Pack bottles it and goes for a sideways pass.

They could all do.with practicing that through ball as for once we've got a player making those moves. 

Archived