IGNORED

Is Charlton a home banker?

reddogkev

No offence to the OP but that's the Charlton team talk sorted then!

I find these threads extremely dangerous as there are no easy games in this division as mentioned earlier. 

A win would be very welcome. As Red- Robbo said, if City turn up, we should have a good chance but I wouldn't count any chickens TBH.

After a very good performance v QPR and the emotional love-in between fans and players at the final whistle, I truly believe we have turned the corner this season. Fully expecting us to do to Charlton what we have threatened to do in several games this season and put away our early chances and then score a couple more for a comprehensive victory. 4-0 will do for me. Boom ! 

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Wonder your thoughts on this one, do you expect us to beat Charlton?

You might remember I tipped us to beat QPR and Charlton, but I'm happy with the point at QPR, provided we do see off Charlton.

Be a great one to win by a couple of goals, as Charlton will be in serious trouble and feel utterly dejected.

And you'd have to say Kodjia will hit a hat trick at some stage this season, and I can see him obliging on Boxing day (no pressure on him though)!

Watching the highlights v Burnley six or seven goals would not have been unreasonable..Burnley missed some utter sitters and Charlton,apart from a couple of early foray's were truly abject. If we go about our business the way we did v QPR  we should bag all three..go get the points lads......

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Wonder your thoughts on this one, do you expect us to beat Charlton?

You might remember I tipped us to beat QPR and Charlton, but I'm happy with the point at QPR, provided we do see off Charlton.

Be a great one to win by a couple of goals, as Charlton will be in serious trouble and feel utterly dejected.

And you'd have to say Kodjia will hit a hat trick at some stage this season, and I can see him obliging on Boxing day (no pressure on him though)!

Definitely. I really don't know why Charlton are even planning to turn up. I'm expecting a rout 

Charlton went 2 up very early away to Brighton a month ago, they went on to lose but in fairness they were playing away to the unbeaten league leaders. I don't think we've got the goals in us to replicate such a comeback so I'm hoping they don't rediscover that kind of early luck/clinical finishing against us...that's what concerns me about Charlton, that they will take the lead...however until we start scoring more goals that concerns me about any team we play.

Clearly they have defence frailties, like us, but I hope (actually Im sure) that Cotts and the team won't take them lightly. I don't think there are any 'home bankers' in this division unfortunately. 

At least we're at home...

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

QPR took the lead and we didn`t give up. Always believe.

Very true mate.

We didn't win though. 

Not a bad result at all against QPR especially after the Derby match but we want to be winning against the teams around us, just hoping we don't make the job more difficult by giving away early goals.

So it seems, no one tips this as a 'home banker', and there's even a bit of doubt concerning our ability to beat Charlton at home.  I have no doubt whatsoever we will win this one with a couple of goals to spare.  If we don't, then I'm going to eat my Christmas tree.

And R.S.P, even though I cannot name them for you, I can recall at least 25 home bankers in my twenty years watching City.  Most of these would have been during the promotion seasons.  We were almost invincible back in the days of Goater and Cramb, with Tinnion supplying the ammunition.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Charlton went 2 up very early away to Brighton a month ago, they went on to lose but in fairness they were playing away to the unbeaten league leaders. I don't think we've got the goals in us to replicate such a comeback so I'm hoping they don't rediscover that kind of early luck/clinical finishing against us...that's what concerns me about Charlton, that they will take the lead...however until we start scoring more goals that concerns me about any team we play.

Clearly they have defence frailties, like us, but I hope (actually Im sure) that Cotts and the team won't take them lightly. I don't think there are any 'home bankers' in this division unfortunately. 

At least we're at home...

They were leading until Patrick Bauer got sent off.

37 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Charlton have scored only 6 away goals all season... Conceding 20! 

If there was a home banker, I think this is it. We have to win this game!

Cue  a complete drubbing, this is City and we always f'up the so called easy games (I'm not calling this easy btw). Man U away I'd fancy us to not humilate ourselves now, we seem to always pick it up against the best and play dross against the worst.

Archived