IGNORED

Boxing Day travel from W-S-M

Kermit the Frog

Someone mentioned on another thread about a bus company used to run a coach from the forest to the games if they still did that would be the answer (for me anyway) . It would be good for all matches as well as I am fed up of driving round looking for a parking spot or getting there about midday for a three o clock KO.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Kermit the Frog said:

Hi guys, how are people getting to the Boxing Day game from outside of Bristol? I know that no trains and buses are running outside of the city and can't find an alternative way in. Lots travel up from Weston on match day so does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

If I hear of anyone with space I'll let you know 

3 hours ago, Kermit the Frog said:

Hi guys, how are people getting to the Boxing Day game from outside of Bristol? I know that no trains and buses are running outside of the city and can't find an alternative way in. Lots travel up from Weston on match day so does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

I've got room in my car for 3 people.£10 each return.pick up in train stn car park 

17 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

I've got room in my car for 3 people.£10 each return.pick up in train stn car park 

Round trip say 50 miles. Average car probably get 7 miles per litre at a quid a litre. £7.00. plus £5.00. parking. As others have said a bit steep even taking into account wear and tear on the car which would be doing the journey anyway!

6 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Round trip say 50 miles. Average car probably get 7 miles per litre at a quid a litre. £7.00. plus £5.00. parking. As others have said a bit steep even taking into account wear and tear on the car which would be doing the journey anyway!

balls to paying 5 pound parking........im getting a taxi!!!!

14 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Sounds illegal to me, plying for trade as an unlicensed Hackney carriage...........

I think it's ok as long as it's for petrol money only ie shared expenses. Trying to make a profit would I'm sure invalidate social, domestic and pleasure insurance. Might be worth checking with someone who actually knows!

4 hours ago, redmycolour said:

Nothing illegal here mate just helping a fellow supporter getting to the game.but never mind I'll won't bother. just go straight to the game with my son.

"helping a fellow supporter" sounds like "Would you like a lift with me? I'm going anyway."  

What you said was

£10 each return

There's a difference. A big difference.

Archived