IGNORED

Standing: Karin Smyth

Welcome To The Jungle

I wrote to Karin (MP for Bristol South if you didn't know) on the topic of standing and today received a reply. She is open to a change in legislation and understands that stadia have transformed for the better. However I doubt she will take action over my one letter. Therefore I have prepared a draft you can all send if you are in her constituency or failing that, your own MP via the link below. Perhaps if there is a flurry of interest she may take further action.

Dear Karin

I am writing to express my support for a change in legislation regarding standing areas at football matches. These areas would offer fans who already stand in areas designed for sitting a safe place to stand and enjoy the game. These areas are still allowed in the lower leagues, as well as the top divisions in countries like Germany and Sweden and are safe. Provided these areas are subject to strict numbers control to stop overcrowding there is no reason why they should not be legalised.

Yours Sincerely

https://www.writetothem.com/

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Therefore I have prepared a draft you can all send if you are in her constituency or failing that, your own MP via the link below

https://www.writetothem.com/

Assume you copy and pasted this?

Something like this came out around the election, so you could contact all your potential MP's.  Only the BNP (West Ham fan) and Labour party (never been to football) replied to me - they both said they would get behind the campaign

Have noticed on twitter the FSF are pushing it again, and our very own Jon Darch is actively involved

Interestingly LFC twitter page had a vote on safe standing 98% were in favour - I always assume they would be a sticking point 

Archived