IGNORED

Calamity

Mike Hunt-Hertz

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Isn't he penniless? This job might be what he needs to get back on an even keel....as long as he's not sacked after six months.

He declared himself bankrupt last year which he blamed on an expensive divorce and unpaid tax bills. As he was reputed to have earned over £20m in his career, he must have had an expensive wife and a poor accountant. 

Best of luck to him. I met him briefly a couple of times and he seemed a like thoroughly good bloke.

Like all of us I have mixed memories of him - excitement and pride at his signing, some fantastic performances and and a few bloopers, including that 'punch' in front of the Atyeo. How that punch rates alongside the Bas Savage sniper incident or Lee Miller's miss I'm not sure, but it's up there...

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

Best of luck to him. I met him briefly a couple of times and he seemed a like thoroughly good bloke.

Like all of us I have mixed memories of him - excitement and pride at his signing, some fantastic performances and and a few bloopers, including that 'punch' in front of the Atyeo. How that punch rates alongside the Bas Savage sniper incident or Lee Miller's miss I'm not sure, but it's up there...

I can still see it now…:facepalm:

8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

He declared himself bankrupt last year which he blamed on an expensive divorce and unpaid tax bills. As he was reputed to have earned over £20m in his career, he must have had an expensive wife and a poor accountant. 

Mike Tyson earned $300 million, but squandered the lot. Couldn't buy a damn thing.

Also, Michael Jackson earned about $1 Billion, but when he died, was in debt by about $6 million.

I read a book recently, can`t remember the author and it was a crap story, but the main plot centred around a Scottish castle estate which was run by the British Government as a `haven` for people with money who had disappeared presumed dead from public life under a cloud but who`s bodies had never been found. Lord Lucan was there as was Robert Maxwell, various assorted Nazis, Idi Amin and all sorts of others. Shame it was such a rubbish story as that as a plot basis is brilliant.

Wouldn`t surprise me if it was true as well.

14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

He was a bit inconsistent, to say the least, as a goalkeeper but I think he sounds very very sensible when on TV. Whether being sensible will make him a good manager remains to be seen. 

So sensible he blew the kind of money most could live like kings on for the remainder of their natural...

On 12/24/2015 at 16:40, pongo88 said:

He was a bit inconsistent, to say the least, as a goalkeeper but I think he sounds very very sensible when on TV. Whether being sensible will make him a good manager remains to be seen. 

If he turns out half as good as Teddy Sherringham he will last about 5 minutes. Its a major gamble for Luton to go for him. Good luck to both parties though.

On 12/24/2015 at 16:59, BRISTOL86 said:

Archived