IGNORED

Prediction League: Burnley (A)

RedYoshi

Burnley v Bristol City  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reckon we've found our niche...

BURNLEY 1-1 BRISTOL CITY

(0-0)

1st half

Someone will miss a penalty. People will feel a little encouraged, but not really, because they'll all be thinking and talking about "the inevitable".

2nd half

Hennings 71' - The inevitable happens. After a series of half-clearances and desperate defending, Gray's shot is well blocked, but ricochets kindly to Hennings who makes no mistake from barely 4 yards out. Despair sets in. Again.

Freema76' - A surprisingly quick response, against the run of play, gets everyone believing again. Nice interplay between Pack, Wilbs, and Smith, ends up giving Freeman acres of space just inside the box, and he wraps his left foot around it to pick out the top corner.

We end up looking the most likely to score a winner in the last 15 minutes, but our finishing lets us down (original, right?), while Frankie makes one vital stop near the end.

Everyone comes out feeling really upbeat, despite the fact that we were barely competitive for the majority and we played worse than we did on Saturday. Dominant for virtually the entirety of the game, but let down by one small lapse at the back? Rubbish. Look like we're going to concede at any moment, and amazed we're not 4-0 down after an hour, only to grab an undeserved equaliser? Best thing in the world.

That's football.

Goals

15 - 29 - 14

Wildcard

Bolton 0-2 Blackburn

On 24/12/2015 at 18:59, RedYoshi said:

BURNLEY.

FIRE AT WILL.

SCALD JAMES.

Seems a bit harsh, really, but hopefully we will be able to inflict some damage to them, one way or another.

Reckon we should leave Will and James alone, though.

It's Christmas, after all.

Vote in the poll for:

Result

Scoreline

Half-time scoreline

First goalscorer

Specify in a post (if desired):

Other goalscorers

Goal timings

BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION

Number of Championship Goals

On the second day of #PredictionLeagueChristmas...

Yes, same #BEFTP, but for all Championship games on 28th/29th December.

Spot on: 3 points

Within two: 2 points

Within four: 1 point

Correct number of home goals: 2 points

Correct number of away goals: 2 points

(e.g. 39 goals: 20 home, 19 away)

All 19 to City, obviously.

WILDCARD MATCH OF THE (MID-WINTER)WEEK

Bolton Wanderers v Blackburn Rovers

Line up the score.

PREDICTION DEADLINE: 15.00 GMT, Monday 28th December, 2015

Mistletoe and wine.

Am I missing something here?  (Like the correct predictions all season...)

I have until 3pm to give my predictions including the 12.45pm Bolton versus Blackburn game?

Pessimism reigns supreme in the Chivs household.  Nothing to do with the football mind...

I can't see us conceding less than 3 today so gone for 3-0 with Gray 12 mins starting the agony.

I'm normally rubbish with other team predictions as I don't follow any other team.  Plus, I'm normal rubbish at our own team predictions...

But Bolton 1 - Blackburn 0 is my confident prediction for BEFTP.

Archived