IGNORED

City Boooooo boys today.

Guest skinster

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Maybe you should go and watch the gas if you like dire football so much?

that's an original reply...not ......... :facepalm: WE ARE CITY

No we should all be pleasant when the team aren't doing their job. It's not like they're being booed after going unbeaten for 8 matches. They're being booed because they are consistently poor at their job. We expect better and so we should. It's not as if they're unqualified especially against the likes of Charlton. Fan aren't stupid. They wouldn't have been booed against QPR, Derby, or Hull if they gave up a similar goal at the end of the match but against a Charlton team that we should've been beating by at least 3, I think people are well within their right to boo. Have some situational awareness of the boos. 

Guest skinster
47 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Maybe you should go and watch the gas if you like dire football so much?

Apologies, I stayed to the end and clapped the players off the pitch for the shift they put in, dire football ??

I will boo when I want, especially after missing 10 plus chances a penalty and defending a 1-0 lead instead of a 3/4-0 lead I the last 5 minutes which cost us a goal which has put us in bottom 3!!! And we all know what happens to teams in bottom 3 at Xmas! Least we got 2 easy away games next week!!! Booooooooo!

45 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

cotts can **** off so we can find a manager who influences a game

Really? I agree this is the case a majority of the time but today? Not at all.

We were dominate and looking to get a second. The only way he could have 'influenced' the game would have been to shut up shop and we know how that would have went down had that not worked.

I think Cotts is to blame for a lot this season but our poor finishing today is certainly not one of it!

5 minutes ago, skinster said:

Apologies, I stayed to the end and clapped the players off the pitch for the shift they put in, dire football ??

dire football, dire result. Wake up and smell the coffee. What postives do u take from That game? Charlton were worse team down gate this year and we couldn't beat them.

31 minutes ago, skinster said:

you are so wonderful, you are the best city fan eveeeer.

You must feel so superior over us normal fans who find it difficult to control our emotions.

22 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I don't blame people for booing. But what got my back right up was three ####s who waited for Pack at the tunnel to give him dogs abuse and call him ####. 

They ran off as soon as they were called out on doing it... ####ies.

You are kidding? Did that actually happen?

We were all over them and didn't win...Missing a penalty happens...I wasn't confident when Pack stepped up, but we did not drop two points because of just that.

We are all upset and worried but making Pack a scape goat, yet again is bloody typical of some people. Codge missed presentable chances as did others. 

However did I see another Pack thread? :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You are kidding? Did that actually happen?

We were all over them and didn't win...Missing a penalty happens...I wasn't confident when Pack stepped up, but we did not drop two points because of just that.

We are all upset and worried but making Pack a scape goat, yet again is bloody typical of some people. Codge missed presentable chances as did others. 

However did I see another Pack thread? :facepalm:

Sadly it did happen. I thought they were waiting to justifiably give the ref abuse...

but it as pack came over they just started a load of abuse and shouting how #### he was.

As soon as I shouted oi they ran off... 

2 hours ago, skinster said:

Should **** off and find another team to support.

Didn't boo at the end. Never do. But that is THE worst team we have played at the Gate this season by a long long way and we still couldnt beat them. No subs. No change in formation. No ideas. No insperation. He has to go. 

1 minute ago, Lordofthebling said:

Sadly it did happen. I thought they were waiting to justifiably give the ref abuse...

but it as pack came over they just started a load of abuse and shouting how #### he was.

Effing devastating...Just what we need going to Burnley!

Flinty will pick him up I am sure, but this has now got to ridiculous proportions. The bloke is doing a decent job that gets no respect ala Cole Skuse....But he should never been put in the position of taking it...I know these things are ordinarily pre ordained on the training field but Wilbo was the obvious choice and even had he missed it would not effect him...Marlon is going to be gutted on the coach to Lancashire!

4 hours ago, skinster said:

It's is an interesting one wether it's right to boo your own. It is no fault of our failing stars that they are not good enough, we have a couple of exceptions, the boos really are for the manager and the board. I had a boo at the incompetent manager and the board who employ him. Can't see me supporting any other club than City so we are stuck with each other. 

I didnt boo today, i was with my little boy so let the anger burn inside me instead, i felt like booing though, I also felt like having a little cry both at the same time on the final whistle, both not appropriate but fully understandable given the 90th minute choker that we could all see coming from a mile off.

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

Well.... Lets all stop pretending that we are something we are not. 

well said.

dominated last 2 home games and we got 2 pts,

unable to hold on when leading.

manager fielding weakened  teams against the top clubs  because he knows how crap we can be.

need 3 new players who should be first on team sheet, from EARLY January to get us out of this shite

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't boo City - ever - but I will defend those who did today. 

Maybe the players need a wake up call after all this smug, complacent "we're too good to go down"?

We're not too good to go down though. We are apparently the unluckiest club in the world according to our manager. After last season I just don't get it? Preston are finding their feet and even the MK Dons are beginning to grind out results. We just keep chucking points away and winning games when all the bottom sides win too, and we are going nowhere fast. If we go down after what we did last season I think I might actually throw up!

I wasn't there today, but this is more on the subject of booing in general. Personally, I will never boo the lads as that is just my opinion towards booing the team you support, but each to their own, if you pay your money you can express your feelings and emotions at the end of the game, whether it be a clap, a boo or whatever else takes your fancy! 

But, by the sounds of it today we should have been 4-0 up after the hour mark and then the penalty. I do wonder why Kodjia didn't take, too a handful for Angers last season and scored them and I have heard that when Marlon waited for the nod to take it, he never looked confident in the slightest? However, enough of what will be seen as Pack bashing, I sure we can pick up a sneaky 1-0 at Turf Moor. COYR. 

Each to their own in terms of booing, I don't tend too but I understand when people do. People pay a lot of money to watch 16 blokes do what they could only dream of doing. If they're not doing it to the standard expected then by all means carry on. 

8 hours ago, skinster said:

I can't stand crap like this!

While I didn't boo the players, who the **** are you to tell City fans (if you are one) to **** off? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and today was immensely frustrating, we should have buried them with ease given the chances we made and if people want to boo, then that's their choice.

Rubbish like this really doesn't help anyone. We need all the fans we can get yet this berk deems himself god, executioner and jury.

I reckon the OP has to be a sag on a wind up, has to be!

Tell me to **** off after 40 years of following this club if you want. I will still be there when I'm old and grey, god willing, win, lose or draw!

Utter garbage newbie. 

12 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

I don't blame people for booing. But what got my back right up was three ####s who waited for Pack at the tunnel to give him dogs abuse and call him ####. 

They ran off as soon as they were called out on doing it... ####ies.

Agreed.if your gonna have a' personal' word with the players at least show some respect,and do it in style..a mate of mine walked onto the team bus after an away game many moons ago and 'had a word' with his captive audience. Class!!...

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

I will boo when I want, especially after missing 10 plus chances a penalty and defending a 1-0 lead instead of a 3/4-0 lead I the last 5 minutes which cost us a goal which has put us in bottom 3!!! And we all know what happens to teams in bottom 3 at Xmas! Least we got 2 easy away games next week!!! Booooooooo!

But we were not in the bottom 3 at Xmas.:laugh:

15 hours ago, lenred said:

Didn't boo at the end. Never do. But that is THE worst team we have played at the Gate this season by a long long way and we still couldnt beat them. No subs. No change in formation. No ideas. No insperation. He has to go. 

It was the no subs that killed us. 20 mins before the end they were dead on their feet. We could all see that, why couldn't Cotts?

15 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Really odd behaviour, wonder if the same people who did that to Wilbraham earlier this season? Pack and Wilbraham always try, no matter what you think of their ability, so personal abuse is unacceptable. We've had a fair few money grabbing journeymen here in the last few years who arguably deserve stick; none of this current group do though.

Hopefully Marlon will realise that it was just a couple of juvenile knobheads and take no notice and also saw them running away with their tails between their legs when LOTB stepped in.

I wonder if one of them was the `Marlon Pack banned - yesssssssss` tosspot that was on here a week or two ago - wouldn`t surprise me.

Personally I watch football because I don't know what's going to happen. If we win then great, but if we lose or draw it is disappointing but heck, roll on next week. I will never understand people booing for the sake of the result. That is the game you have subscribed to. You can't read a review of a football match, you go in blind to every game as to the result, number of goals etc. That is what is so exciting. But if you go in blind, when you don't like it then you have to be able to roll with that punch. I don't buy my ST every year to watch City win. I buy it to watch the game and have some fun, and if we win then great. Football is what you make of it. And if it is all about the result for you then you'll leave Ashton Gate in a foul mood on a regular basis. Some say football is like a family, together as one, and we need to be to survive this year.

Respectfully

Jungle

1 hour ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Dire Football??? ... What a **** you really are!!

yes dire football, watching the last 15 minutes knowing your going to concede to the worse team down the gate is dire. Also dire football regarding the fact everyone could see the big bloke with pony tail up front for Charlton was winning everything in the air and it was a matter of time before he set a goal up. Dire football , dire mangment.

20 minutes ago, Spoons said:

yes dire football, watching the last 15 minutes knowing your going to concede to the worse team down the gate is dire. Also dire football regarding the fact everyone could see the big bloke with pony tail up front for Charlton was winning everything in the air and it was a matter of time before he set a goal up. Dire football , dire mangment.

Sorry mate, but can't agree with your choice of words there.  

I would definitely classify our football under SOD as dire, but yesterday it was far from that.  Piss poor finishing from us, yes.  Some good build up play, yes.  Pretty solid defending for most of the match, yes.  Total commitment from everyone wearing the shirt, yes. Frustrating as **** to see the predictable late goal for Charlton after they'd done F all for the entire match, definitely yes.  Dire football? sorry can't agree with that!

Let's be honest, if we had a finisher out there yesterday of the quality of an in form Micky or Baldock, we'd have murdered them with the chances we created.  That's a massive if though, and I can't see that changing after the loan window either, so e'll probably have to pretty much work with what e've got.

I just don't buy into the attitude that everything SC is doing is wrong though and he can't really have changed from the Messiah to a mug in a few short months!

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Sorry mate, but can't agree with your choice of words there.  

I would definitely classify our football under SOD as dire, but yesterday it was far from that.  Piss poor finishing from us, yes.  Some good build up play, yes.  Pretty solid defending for most of the match, yes.  Total commitment from everyone wearing the shirt, yes. Frustrating as **** to see the predictable late goal for Charlton after they'd done F all for the entire match, definitely yes.  Dire football? sorry can't agree with that!

Let's be honest, if we had a finisher out there yesterday of the quality of an in form Micky or Baldock, we'd have murdered them with the chances we created.  That's a massive if though, and I can't see that changing after the loan window either, so e'll probably have to pretty much work with what e've got.

I just don't buy into the attitude that everything SC is doing is wrong though and he can't really have changed from the Messiah to a mug in a few short months!

you talk about a finishers, what about cox? Sat on the bench getting splinters. Poor management. Its only dire because all the good work we done yesterday was for nothing as the predictable late goal came. Massive result yesterday. Minutes from a win instead a crap draw against a crap team takes us into the bottom 3. That is dire for me. But I get your point, just different opinions

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

you talk about a finishers, what about cox? Sat on the bench getting splinters. Poor management. Its only dire because all the good work we done yesterday was for nothing as the predictable late goal came. Massive result yesterday. Minutes from a win instead a crap draw against a crap team takes us into the bottom 3. That is dire for me. But I get your point, just different opinions

Yeah I don't get this Cox business at all, but isn't the word on here that he's supposed to be unfit or something?  On the other hand, if he is fit, I'd certainly question why he can't get on the pitch.

That subject could probably do with a thread all on it's own, for anyone ITK on Cox's fitness status.

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yeah I don't get this Cox business at all, but isn't the word on here that he's supposed to be unfit or something?  On the other hand, if he is fit, I'd certainly question why he can't get on the pitch.

That subject could probably do with a thread all on it's own, for anyone ITK on Cox's fitness status.

wasn't fit when joined. Played 38 minutes in a possible 21 games. Rumours saying KB signed him not SC and SC being stubborn not playing him for that reason. If he was unfit you would thing he would be playing reserve / u21 games which he isn't. Can't believe everytime radio drizzle interview cotterill they never ask the question regarding what is going on with the cox saga!

23 minutes ago, Spoons said:

wasn't fit when joined. Played 38 minutes in a possible 21 games. Rumours saying KB signed him not SC and SC being stubborn not playing him for that reason. If he was unfit you would thing he would be playing reserve / u21 games which he isn't. Can't believe everytime radio drizzle interview cotterill they never ask the question regarding what is going on with the cox saga!

Hopefully the rumours are wrong then.  

I would have thought the normal sequence would be for SC to tell KB the type of players he needs, then KB to go out and see what can be done to get them in.  If it turns out it IS the other way round, it would suggest the club still have plenty to learn, after so many past mistakes.  With our small squad, you would expect every option to be tried, so there are certainly questions to be answered why some aren't getting a look in.   Maybe the attitude is wrong, which wouldn't impress SC and to be fair, bad attitude isn't something you can accuse any of the current players of showing on the pitch.

21 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

cotts can **** off so we can find a manager who influences a game

Very interlectual ..very articulate ..... Make sure you don't sleep in Wednesday .... Is that when you sign on ?????

I was at the game yesterday in the Atyeo, didn't boo but was still very frustrated. I've only been to 4-5 games this season but Charlton had absolutely nothing, a couple of half chances at most? I still haven't seen Cott's interview as I can't bear to hear the exscuses. If it was us equalising in the 92nd minute we wouldn't have heard those boos for sure..

Also, like others I'll defend the boos which is rare for me but the idiot ripping our seat out and throwing it on the pitch near the Atyeo/Dolman corner I wont defend, completely out of line and over the top behaviour. We were all angry - don't make it a competition of who can be the angriest.

1 hour ago, robin4ever said:

Very interlectual ..very articulate ..... Make sure you don't sleep in Wednesday .... Is that when you sign on ?????

What a completely f**cking knobbish thing to say. Not everyone that signs on is a non intellectual or inarticulate. Not that I do but I defend the right of those that do for many different reasons including illness. So think before you make wild pathetic accusations.  

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

What a completely f**cking knobbish thing to say. Not everyone that signs on is a non intellectual or inarticulate. Not that I do but I defend the right of those that do for many different reasons including illness. So think before you make wild pathetic accusations.  

It was not a general accusation ... It was a personal accusation .... So before you make wild accusations please be sure of your facts !!!! Thank you

Just now, robin4ever said:

It was not a general accusation ... It was a personal accusation .... So before you make wild accusations please be sure of your facts !!!! Thank you

General or personal it was a pathetic thing to say imo. What facts do you have that he/she signs on though? And so what if he/she does? Makes absolutely no difference to the point of view held that Cotts should go and has no relevance to the argument. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

General or personal it was a pathetic thing to say imo. What facts do you have that he/she signs on though? And so what if he/she does? Makes absolutely no difference to the point of view held that Cotts should go and has no relevance to the argument. 

If your going to have a debate or argument then at least be courteous enough to show some respect to a manager who achieved so much last season . That IMO is rude and shows how disrespectful the post was. It's all about opinions but at the end of the day we should all support the same cause and some peoples ignorance is hard to tolerate 

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Ahh go support the gas! You obviously have no idea about football if you think we were dire yesterday. The results bad enough. Don't need totally inaccurate negative comments too! 

3 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

If your going to have a debate or argument then at least be courteous enough to show some respect to a manager who achieved so much last season . That IMO is rude and shows how disrespectful the post was. It's all about opinions but at the end of the day we should all support the same cause and some peoples ignorance is hard to tolerate 

Fair enough. The argument may not have been presented in the best way possible. But attack the post not the poster and what their personal circumstances may or may not be as you don't know what other people you may be inadvertently slagging off. Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Fair enough. The argument may not have been presented in the best way possible. But attack the post not the poster and what their personal circumstances may or may not be as you don't know what other people you may be inadvertently slagging off. Cheers. 

Point taken and will do. Hey oh it's Christmas !!!

I must say that the last two home games we are starting to get it together. We missed lots of chances against a team that wouldn't look out of place in the Conference, we are creating chances though!!

Our manager failed us . He sat on his hands when everyone in the ground could c wot was going to happen, are the back room staff afraid to say anything to Sc? 

He needed subs on to freshen things up, our bench is crap which is also his fault. Feel sorry for the players the boss let them down. You should score from 12 yards there are no excuses but to give Pack abuse as he comes off is unacceptable. People who boo as I did do for many reasons, me its aimed at the useless indecisive manager and the board who have shown no ambition, ground apart. The players are simply not consistent enough or good enough or not managed well enough. You pick which one fits!!

2 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Ahh go support the gas! You obviously have no idea about football if you think we were dire yesterday. The results bad enough. Don't need totally inaccurate negative comments too! 

what was inaccurate about that? Everyone in the ground new we weren't going to win that game after missing chance after chance and dropping deeper and deeper. You go bury your head in the sand . Awful result. Especially with two tough away games coming up. If your happy going back in league1 carry on just covering up all the bad points. I've been to more city games than you've had hot dinners and as for supporting the gas I would rather take a jump off suspension bridge

12 hours ago, Spoons said:

what was inaccurate about that? Everyone in the ground new we weren't going to win that game after missing chance after chance and dropping deeper and deeper. You go bury your head in the sand . Awful result. Especially with two tough away games coming up. If your happy going back in league1 carry on just covering up all the bad points. I've been to more city games than you've had hot dinners and as for supporting the gas I would rather take a jump off suspension bridge

The fact that we didnt put them away like we should of does not make it a dire performance. Things are not Black and White like that - especially in football. Yes I knew we were in trouble in the last 15 minutes. That tall guy started to win the ball alot as they became desperate and pushed forward. The point is it was a good performance except for poor finishing. That is not the same as a dire performance. Charlton were dire and got an extremely lucky draw.  I would be far more worried if I was a Charlton fan watching that.

2 hours ago, redfieldred said:

The fact that we didnt put them away like we should of does not make it a dire performance. Things are not Black and White like that - especially in football. Yes I knew we were in trouble in the last 15 minutes. That tall guy started to win the ball alot as they became desperate and pushed forward. The point is it was a good performance except for poor finishing. That is not the same as a dire performance. Charlton were dire and got an extremely lucky draw.  I would be far more worried if I was a Charlton fan watching that.

how many times this season do we play well for 50 minutes then not kill games off?? We aren't learning quick enough, players or manger. Tough league

On 26/12/2015 at 18:01, skinster said:

I must assume that you are one of our younger supporters and if that's the case, I'm very envious of you as you will still be suffering dire football when many of us will have gone to a better place.

Wait until you've been watching it for plenty of decades and you'll be just as pissed off as we are.

As Cotts went off his head was down and he made sure he looked no one in the eye as he had dropped the ball for sure, big difference to the home game before fist pump etc. 

Interesting we are making chances and not taking them, we have Cox on the bench but we got him unfit, did we not do our homework and he turned up at Ashton Gate overweight and unfit.....Reading must be laughing their bollox off!!

Archived