IGNORED

It Beggars Belief

Between heaven and hell

Many threads this evening full of obvious frustration but the big problem for me, as it has been most of the season is the lack of substitutions.

Today with the next game kicking off just 48 hrs later surely you don't run both of your front two into the ground.

In the radio interview after, Steve said that Agard would not be available on Monday so what on earthwas he playing at not making a change earlier.

SC seems like he only uses 14 players. Same predictable substitutes used, if at all. Mark little seems to always come on around 75/80 mins for Bennett. Also Bryan seems to come on for Williams. I have been a big fan of SC but his treatment of Simon cox is embarrassing. This is a championship striker who has had a little taste of the premier league and we are just keeping him on the bench. He would have scored today if he came on or started. And then all these pathetic stories of him being overweight and unfit leaked from the club. I get it that SC obviously didn't sign him but don't be so stubborn not to use him.

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

SC seems like he only uses 14 players. Same predictable substitutes used, if at all. Mark little seems to always come on around 75/80 mins for Bennett. Also Bryan seems to come on for Williams. I have been a big fan of SC but his treatment of Simon cox is embarrassing. This is a championship striker who has had a little taste of the premier league and we are just keeping him on the bench. He would have scored today if he came on or started. And then all these pathetic stories of him being overweight and unfit leaked from the club. I get it that SC obviously didn't sign him but don't be so stubborn not to use him.

Before you call them pathetic you may want to read the posts with Simon Coxs own explanations re fitness

Unless you believe a very sensible poster who can definitely give us the odd inside explanation

Because SC obviously doesn't trust either Burns or Cox.

His obsession with keeping Wilbraham upfront as an "outlet" for as long as possible for long balls hoofed forward looks ever more desperate as the game goes on as Wilbs becomes ever slower & more knackered. And as he can't hold the ball up we just surrender possession & invite pressure onto outselves. And eventually we concede. All far too predictable! 

Unless of course you are SC & you can't see what most of 15000 in the ground can see coming. We need a 2 goal lead going into the last 5 minutes to feel even slightly comfortable as it stands.

And the lack of a Saturday home win says an awful lot about our form. Long-suffering fans have been pretty patient so far but our patience will eventually run out. Whilst chopping & changing manager is no guarantee of success, neither is misplaced sentiment.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Before you call them pathetic you may want to read the posts with Simon Coxs own explanations re fitness

Unless you believe a very sensible poster who can definitely give us the odd inside explanation

re fitness, you don't get match fit sat on a bench for 12/13 games fact. I've heard Simon cox say himself he wasn't match fit, that was the day he joined us. So why isn't he fit enough to play now?? Oh wait he is but SC won't play him as KB signed him and SC is being stubborn and way to loyal to last seasons players at the cost of our league position and possible championship status.

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

re fitness, you don't get match fit sat on a bench for 12/13 games fact. I've heard Simon cox say himself he wasn't match fit, that was the day he joined us. So why isn't he fit enough to play now?? Oh wait he is but SC won't play him as KB signed him and SC is being stubborn and way to loyal to last seasons players at the cost of our league position and possible championship status.

If that is in anyway true (and I havnt clue about your source or how much if any truth) then either KB or SC need to leave the club before January - If the decision was based on Cox and your statement is true I'd be firing Burt

For what it's worth I believe SCs general stubbornness is costing us dear

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If that is in anyway true (and I havnt clue about your source or how much if any truth) then either KB or SC need to leave the club before January - If the decision was based on Cox and your statement is true I'd be firing Burt

For what it's worth I believe SCs general stubbornness is costing us dear

Not stubbornness, it's fear!

Not fear. It is stubbornness alright.

If not, he might have recognised the pattern of the season and look to change things a bit to try to prevent us conceding so many goals.

My impression is that SC has some similarities with GJ in that he is dependent on the team spirit that he tries to engender. The payoff to the players from SC is loyalty almost to the point of blindness to the form & contribution of certain team members this season. How else can you explain the fact that Freeman has been undroppable despite some downright woeful performances?

When things are going well, the SC approach feeds into the confidence of the team. Witness last season. When things are not going so well, team spirit is still important but it is not enough in itself, while that blind faith in his system & certain players tips into stubbornness.

There is a reason why so many of SC's post match interviews are being to sound the same & that is not down to bad luck. To take a leaf out of all those self help books, if SC wants things to change, he has got to become the change himself. He has that power far more than anyone else involved in or supporting the club.

Archived