IGNORED

Time to Evolve..

KeepUpLino

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dream on.

League one wages= league one players.

No manager of a higher calibre would come near us at present.

I keep asking this and know I won't get an answer now either. How do you know the issue is we won't pay wages? The board say otherwise. It's not at all clear to me why so many on these boards are adamant the issue is the board won't spend money when there seems to be no evidence for this other than message board speculation.

Do you actually know something we all don't or are you just taking some guesses?

19 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I keep asking this and know I won't get an answer now either. How do you know the issue is we won't pay wages? The board say otherwise. It's not at all clear to me why so many on these boards are adamant the issue is the board won't spend money when there seems to be no evidence for this other than message board speculation.

Do you actually know something we all don't or are you just taking some guesses?

Well, clearly I'm not the owner, chairman, manager or chief scout, so I know less than them.

However I was told in the summer that 2 players we tried to sign (McShane and Quinn, both ex Hull who eventually joined Reading) had terms agreed that we are then backed away from.

Also the comments at the Senior Reds meeting about "League One players being on £2k a week" and that we "spent too much of the summer chasing players who were never going to come" suggests to me that this is where our board want us to look.

All well and good, but go back a year Nathan Byrne and Eoin Doyle were the 2 everyone wanted us to sign (now it is Bradshaw and Dack), unfortunately both have been utter shite for their new clubs, as we are finding out to our cost, not every League One player makes the step up..

If that's the case Graham then it's worse than I thought. McShane and Quinn are precisely the sort of players I'd hoped we'd be in for…and we needed. What's little short of disgraceful is the way in which the whole club has been so poorly prepared for this season. On the pitch we're supporting a side lacking the squad depth, experience and basic quality to thrive in the Championship….it's no surprise to us. Off the pitch those of us in the Atyeo have seen the shambles of moving the whole end from one side to another…on Saturday I sat with people who had been sold tickets for seats covered by the tarpaulin separating the two sets of fans. 

It's all a bit pathetic. And having had the pleasure of chatting with SL at the end of last season it's about as far from his stated ambitions as it's possible to imagine. 

What on earth is going on?

Archived