IGNORED

An apology from Radio Bristol

Nomad

Radio Bristol would like to apologise for the fact that SC has not yet given his after match interview. Players have informed the bbc that he has locked himself in a toilet cubicle in the dressing room and can be heard chanting the mantra 'I am a winner'.

You guys make me laugh.... He clearly stated that he will not bring in anyone because he loves the current players so much and it would upset them if they lost their place in the starting line up. And he did say that all of our players would look great playing for Burnley.

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

You guys make me laugh.... He clearly stated that he will not bring in anyone because he loves the current players so much and it would upset them if they lost their place in the starting line up. And he did say that all of our players would look great playing for Burnley.

That was unbelievable.  If he'd have put our strikers in their team they wouldn't have scored.  It's like a contractor saying that he has a lovely bunch of bricklayers and carpenters working for him.  Every house they build falls down, but it wouldn't be fair to upset them by hinting that you might bring in someone better who could build a house properly.

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I thought they were playing for Burnley!

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

That was unbelievable.  If you'd put our strikers in their team they wouldn't have scored.  It's like a contractor saying that he has a lovely bunch of bricklayers and carpenters working for him.  Every house they build falls down, but it wouldn't be fair to upset them by hinting that you might bring in someone better who could build a house properly.

Yep. I admire his loyalty but there is no place for it in football ever (especially in a team struggling). That combined with his stubbornness will be the end for him - if not now then sometime in the future.

47 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Radio Bristol would like to apologise for the fact that SC has not yet given his after match interview. Players have informed the bbc that he has locked himself in a toilet cubicle in the dressing room and can be heard chanting the mantra 'I am a winner'.

Fair play this post gave me a good old chuckle and had brightened up my normal after match strop 

The abridged interview I just saw seemed reasonable, understandably he was pretty down but thanked the supporters for sticking with him and the team, said they were all working hard in training to do their best and would continue to try to compete.

I don't think he'll be in charge by the end of next month if this run continues (Preston is massive now) but I'm not sure what else he could have said.

Maybe a longer version of the interview might ask him why he doesn't make earlier changes but knowing our media dept. I doubt it...

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Radio Bristol would like to apologise for the fact that SC has not yet given his after match interview. Players have informed thbbc that he has locked hheimself in a toilet cubicle in the dressing room and can be heard chanting the mantra 'I am a winner'.

....eventually energed(emerged) looking rather flushed but determined to remain a winner he had resisted the temptation to take the easy way out, refusing to go down the pan he came out determined to fight on against the odds.  

Where theres a will theres a way!

Archived