IGNORED

Cotts press conference

KeepUpLino

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Well, a bit like this:

gave them easy goals. Played well, and to lose by 4 playing as we did was tough. Not talking about new players as thats not fair on the current ones. 

Not a lot else!!

Not fair on the current ones?!?, they need a kick up the ass to say the least...He's lost the plot!

Don't know what to say.my heart says stick with him.but it's like were just gonna accept these kind of defeats this season.what's that minus 23goal difference. says it all really.to open and at least 7of the players not good enough at this level.we need a miraculous turnaround or its league 1 footie again next season.we all live in hope that the escape is on.

I didn't read it like that at all - more like he was saying these players are what we've got and he is doing everything to give them confidence and he doesn't want to demoralise them in case we can't get (or won't pay for) better players in January

. Sounded to me like he is not getting the support from the board and he was trying to unite and get support from the fans.

last season he mentioned/thanked/paid tribute to SL i n almost every interview. I honestly havn't heard him mention SL once this season.........they've fallen out.

He said he wont talk about potential players coming in ,it's not fair on the players here.... don't you understand Cotts,  it's exactly what they want to hear. they are not dumb they know they need more players with championship experience to help them through the season. if he fails in the transfer window it will cost him his job. so less of the sentiment and get real and keep the team informed  or you will be out of work sooner than you think.

20 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Played well.

the guys an idiot, we were awful,beyond awful, it should have been 7easily

It's funny. The stats suggest a lot more of an even game than our draw vs Charlton. 

In fact, if you showed a stranger the stats from both games and asked them to identify which game was 4-0 and which was 1-1, they'd get it wrong. 

Just goes to show the huge gulf in quality between the haves and have-nots of the division. If we had better attacking players we'd have had a hatful on Saturday, like Burnley did today. 

On the other hand, Burnley wouldn't have profited so easily against quality defenders. 

One thing's for sure - the faith that Cotterill has in this squad is completely blind, they simply aren't good enough. 

24 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I didn't read it like that at all - more like he was saying these players are what we've got and he is doing everything to give them confidence and he doesn't want to demoralise them in case we can't get (or won't pay for) better players in January

. Sounded to me like he is not getting the support from the board and he was trying to unite and get support from the fans.

last season he mentioned/thanked/paid tribute to SL i n almost every interview. I honestly havn't heard him mention SL once this season.........they've fallen out.

Crazy stuff isn't it... If we don't strengthen we're

down for sure!!

Recommend everyone watches the interview on Player. Think it demonstrates just how much SC is trying and how difficult a task he is facing. He thanks the fans for their support as it is what keeps him going. I for one, wish him every success.

Keep going SC. I hope the board give you the backing you deserve in January.

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Recommend everyone watches the interview on Player. Think it demonstrates just how much SC is trying and how difficult a task he is facing. He thanks the fans for their support as it is what keeps him going. I for one, wish him every success.

Keep going SC. I hope the board give you the backing you deserve in January.

Absolutely right mate. I'm still behind the man! 

No room for sentiment, I've seen the interview, cotts is broken, has no plan b, what's the point in bringing in more players in January if he is to continue with this system that clearly doesn't consistently work in this league!? We need a flexible modern manager who is up to scratch at this level, keep cotts and we are sleep walking back to league 1 Imo. He gave us fantastic times and were greatful for that, but all good things come to an end.

5 minutes ago, Cider red said:

No room for sentiment, I've seen the interview, cotts is broken, has no plan b, what's the point in bringing in more players in January if he is to continue with this system that clearly doesn't consistently work in this league!? We need a flexible modern manager who is up to scratch at this level, keep cotts and we are sleep walking back to league 1 Imo. He gave us fantastic times and were greatful for that, but all good things come to an end.

exactly this

It's such a difficult situation. Cotts clearly believes in the system and in the main most players (at least the ones he consistently plays) fit in fine. The trouble is the overall quality just isn't quite up to this level so even if he changed system I think the outcome is likely to be the same. Why would you suddenly score for example when the chance came along just because you are playing 4 4 2 or 4 3 3. It's the same chance. He sounded gutted, as we all are. He has to show faith in what he's got even though it's painfully obvious they just aren't quite there. There have only been a couple of games where we've been completely outclassed, the rest has been our own undoing through poor finishing and lapses at the back. I'm sure with the same system but just a couple of additions in the right places, striker and midfielder in particular we would be pretty safe by now. Hopefully this will come along January and enough to stop us from relegation and then we build again in the summer with a finished stadium. It's a tough league, some teams have been there a while.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

There's no way he can win if that is the case and FWIW, I think you're right.

1 hour ago, stevep38 said:

Just listened  to  it on player. Thought he was going to break down.  He does sound like a broke  man. Think he knows  he's  on borrowed  time. 

Despite what some on here think, he's not stupid.

He knows he has to turn it round but has a squad far smaller than anyone else in this league.

He'll give it his best, let's hope he gets backed appropriately in January.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Despite what some on here think, he's not stupid.

He knows he has to turn it round but has a squad far smaller than anyone else in this league.

He'll give it his best, let's hope he gets backed appropriately in January.

Indeed. Wave a decent staying-up bonus to a few proven players currently warming the bench somewhere and who knows. 

Archived