IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Lew-T

No matter how rich the man is or what he's doing for the club, he doesn't know football business if it smacked him in the face. He should take as much blame as Cotts is getting on here tonight for the summer's circus transfer business. 

The man wants Premier League football, that's the message he has given SC. Maybe that's reason for the unrealistic targets perhaps? Another thing, if you're going to offer that much money on a player, you have to back it up with wages. Not League one wages! 

SC is getting ridiculed on here tonight but I think part of the blame, if not the majority should be down the main man in charge... Steve Lansdown! 

No doubt SC and the coaching staff need to look at themselves but I don't believe for one minute that they are solely to blame. That's just my opinion of course

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

No matter how rich the man is or what he's doing for the club, he doesn't know football business if it smacked him in the face. He should take as much blame as Cotts is getting on here tonight for the summer's circus transfer business. 

The man wants Premier League football, that's the message he has given SC. Maybe that's reason for the unrealistic targets perhaps? Another thing, if you're going to offer that much money on a player, you have to back it up with wages. Not League one wages! 

SC is getting ridiculed on here tonight but I think part of the blame, if not the majority should be down the main man in charge... Steve Lansdown! 

No doubt SC and the coaching staff need to look at themselves but I don't believe for one minute that they are solely to blame. That's just my opinion of course

Back it up with wages? Did you not hear the SL interview? 

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Wages have never been a problem, straight from the horse's mouth....

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Back it up with wages? Did you not hear the SL interview? 

The bloke doesn't want the same mistake to happen with the amount of losses we have had before. Sorry but as a professional football club, we shouldn't make these mistakes in the first place?

We panicked when we had success in this league but there is a fine line. Stubbornness will get you nowhere 

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The bloke doesn't want the same mistake to happen with the amount of losses we have had before. Sorry but as a professional football club, we shouldn't make these mistakes in the first place?

We panicked when we had success in this league but there is a fine line. Stubbornness will get you nowhere 

What's that got to do with my post. You questioned the commitment to wages - SL stated he was willing to pay the wages of our targets. 

25 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I have to agree, some of the comments beggar belief.

There are some people claiming in one breath our problem is league 1 players and then in the next breath putting the names of league 1 players as possible new signings.

Some claiming Jet would have made a difference, a player who cannot get a run of games at his new club and playing with even better players.

Some claiming that Reid, Cox and even Robinson or Burns might be our saviours.

There have obviously been huge mistakes made but whatever went wrong especially pre season needs to wait until next pre season and then an honest and full statement needs to come from the club, I believe that is the least that the fans deserve. Let’s concentrate on getting January right and hopefully kick on.

I have only seen Burt’s name mentioned once in the blame game, so I ask what did he actually do pre season and what is he actually doing now, in fact what is his role?.

and finally some of the uninspiring names mentioned as potential replacements for SC is IMO even more depressing.

PS:- As BCFC fans we are all hurting but I have to say some people seem to be enjoying our plight just a little too much.

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

What's that got to do with my post. You questioned the commitment to wages - SL stated he was willing to pay the wages of our targets. 

He doesn't want to pay an excessive amount on wages. He doesn't want to make the same mistake twice!

25 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I agree , but Jon Lansdown should also take the blame. 

Its seems that we have targets in the summer which JL had the task of trying to sign however he felt that the prices were to high and if we waited the price would come down, the prices didnt come down and we missed out on all our targets due to JL gamble. 

Not for the first time in recent years managers of this club are working with one hand tied behind their backs and the board are making the same mistakes again and again , now that is the defition of stupidity.

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

What in two minutes? Liar.

Mate i've been looking ever since you appeared.

You obviously don't understand forums, they are about debate and not everybody will have the same miserable outlook as you.

You don't debate anything all you ever do is put childish little one liners and insult people.

Really grow up or go back to gas chat where you undoubtedly emerged from.

• The topic was locked

Archived