IGNORED

Only one Steve Cotterill

allyolly

Perhaps the pro-Cotts brigade on here need to find their voice more then. Don't get me wrong I'm not some happy clapper who will put up with anything but you have to see the bigger picture. Does anyone really think another manager will get more out of these players than the man who has made them what they are? Cotts to stay for me - he needs money in January & should be given the opportunity to put this mess right. 

There's only one Steve Cotterill.

When we were 8-0 up against Walsall in May 2015, just about to pick up our first title in 60 years, who would of predicted how fickle some of our fan base would be a few months later?. 

Surely we all knew this season would be a real tough one, anyone with any nous would have realised it was a case of just staying in the Championship. Coming fourth from bottom is our aim this season, were one place away from it, so why not support the manager and the team and help them in getting there. It really is that simple.

Has to stay for me, give him the funds in January to add to the team and then sort us out, if by the end of February we are looking in a spot of bother then I will agree the hunt for a new manager may begin. In my opinion the team we have this season is good enough to stay up without additions, so with additions that add to the team I'm sure we'll be fine! There are 4, maybe 5 worse teams than us in this league that is; Bolton, MK Dons, Charlton, Huddersfield and Rotherham. Hopefully Preston also joins this bunch.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

When we were 8-0 up against Walsall in May 2015, just about to pick up our first title in 60 years, who would of predicted how fickle some of our fan base would be a few months later?. 

Surely we all knew this season would be a real tough one, anyone with any nous would have realised it was a case of just staying in the Championship.              Fourth from bottom is our aim this season, were one place away from it, so why not support the manager and the team and help them in getting there. It really is that simple.

Couldn't agree more. Expectations have to be realistic which after such a great season last year is difficult.

Survival is realistic in my opinion. And still very much an option. 

There's only one Steve Cotterill. Just as well some may say. 

From the summer onwards it's all drastically changed. 

We all thought the squad we had that walked last season would hold their own this.  Us as fans were wrong but to say Cotterill was also wrong would be naive on this part surly.  

His tactics in hindsight are stubborn and naive.  His "Championship manger CV" isn't sparkling is it?

10 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Surely we all knew this season would be a real tough one, anyone with any nous would have realised it was a case of just staying in the Championship. Coming fourth from bottom is our aim this season, were one place away from it, so why not support the manager and the team and help them in getting there. It really is that simple.

Whilst I largely agree PB, it was 8-2 by the way, yes I knew it was going to be tough but it shouldn't have been. We were as good as up in early April so had a good couple of months advantage over PNE to sound out new recruits yet we find ourselves 7 points behind them at this stage of the season. We really do need an injection into the squad in January to give us and SC the belief required.

7 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

We all thought the squad we had that walked last season would hold their own this.  Us as fans were wrong but to say Cotterill was also wrong would be naive on this part surly.  

His tactics in hindsight are stubborn and naive.  His "Championship manger CV" isn't sparkling is it?

Yes but it's how you define 'hold their own'. For me that's 21st or better. That confirms us as a Championship team. We're really not that far away. 

Sky Sports reported he got an excellent reception at Burnley from their fans. They appreciated his work at this level. 

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Whilst I largely agree PB, it was 8-2 by the way, yes I knew it was going to be tough but it shouldn't have been. We were as good as up in early April so had a good couple of months advantage over PNE to sound out new recruits yet we find ourselves 7 points behind them at this stage of the season. We really do need an injection into the squad in January to give us and SC the belief required.

Yes! I forgot about the 2 we conceded!  Irrespective of the lack of summer signings I still think a lot of people's expectations for this season were way over the top. I'm sure we will add some quality in January, and I'm confident we can stay in this league. SC deserves our support imo.

47 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He has to go. 5 times we have conceded 4 goals this season. Not good enough. Cockrill out.

11 posts and can't spell the managers name. Someone get Steve Lansdown on the phone so he can involve you in all future decisions.

Surely by now Cott's has presented a list of Jan targets that are realistic & will strengthen key areas and convinced the board that he has the plan to keep us up.

If so, keep him on - in Cotts we trust.

If he doesn't have a list of realistic targets, time to move on...

I hope it's the former!

49 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Ive been to 5 away games this season where we,ve lost heavily and haven't heard these chants......

Don't think I said was every game but was definitely the case today. Cotts came over to acknowledge the fans for quite a while  and it felt like there was a proper mutual support. 

In my opinion it's sticking together that will give us the best chance of turning this situation around. 

38 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

Has to stay for me, give him the funds in January to add to the team and then sort us out, if by the end of February we are looking in a spot of bother then I will agree the hunt for a new manager may begin. In my opinion the team we have this season is good enough to stay up without additions, so with additions that add to the team I'm sure we'll be fine! There are 4, maybe 5 worse teams than us in this league that is; Bolton, MK Dons, Charlton, Huddersfield and Rotherham. Hopefully Preston also joins this bunch.

You do realise we only beat one of these teams and lost heavily to another? Not sure what evidence there is that shows we are better than them. We may look better playing the ball around but when it comes to end product sorry but we aren't better than three of them. And Preston are 8....yes 8.... points BETTER than us this season.

I am sorry to say that logic tells me our falling behind Preston can only be explained by their manager being better able to adapt tactics to this league than ours. Player changes do not explain the turnaround in results between us!

Im trying to keep faith, I really am. Im just finding it extremely hard to stay positive, tactically we are so naive and its a driving force as to why we are where we are. The manager needs to have a hard look at himself and question his decision making on all things tactical and setting up a team. Yes he did wonders last season but I'm starting to question weather he just got lucky?

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

Perhaps the pro-Cotts brigade on here need to find their voice more then. Don't get me wrong I'm not some happy clapper who will put up with anything but you have to see the bigger picture. Does anyone really think another manager will get more out of these players than the man who has made them what they are? Cotts to stay for me - he needs money in January & should be given the opportunity to put this mess right. 

There's only one Steve Cotterill.

Spot on.

51 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

"If we are looking in a spot of bother" by the end of February??!!

Don't you think we are in a spot of bother NOW?!

52 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

I think they probably can hold there own for 60 minutes against lesser teams in this league and earn enough points to stay up. Unfortunately once it gets to 60 minutes and our team tires other teams change players or game plans and we do not, whether that's because there's no trust with the players on the bench I'm not sure but we don't seem to have a plan B or the option to continue plan A with the same intensity 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, City1970 said:

Its the players who are not good enough.

Is that not the responsibility of the Manager?  

Surely if the pre season transfer balls-up was totally down to people above him, he would have walked, to preserve his reputation, either that or he is over confident in his ability to polish a turd.

5 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

I think they probably can hold there own for 60 minutes against lesser teams in this league and earn enough points to stay up. Unfortunately once it gets to 60 minutes and our team tires other teams change players or game plans and we do not

Yes 60 mins is the milestone time to change tack or freshen things up in a game.

i.e substitutions. Something Cotterill refuses to do. Why is that? 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

So, just to play along, who would you have in his place ?

Ex-Man.Utd, Everton, and Real Sociedad manager David Moyes as some fantasists on here are touting ?

Or ex- premiership manager Nigel Pearson as some dumb nuts are advocating ?

Or maybe just a cheaper relative unknown or inexperienced bloke - which is much more likely.

We are in the shite and its largely down to SC but also things have not been right at board level, hence Pelling leaving PDQ by "mutual consent" at the end of the last window. I hope this club doesn't revert to type and panic and make things worse.

SC has one more transfer window and half a season to put it right imo.

Nigel Pearson is also an ex-league one manager and ex-championship manager. And he won both those divisions. 

If he was happy to manage Leicester in league one why are people 'dumb nuts' for suggesting he may consider managing our club?

Archived