IGNORED

RIP Lemmy

Maesknoll Red

Saw them live twice - once at Bristol Studio and once at Newport - no bullshit "How ya doing Bristol/Newport", just "This is Bomber", "This is Overkill" etc. - all killer, no filler.

An incredible live band(probably moreso than studio band) and a TRUE Legend of Rock.

My first experience of Lemmy was the young ones university challenge episode. Then dad started playing more of him around the house when I said I liked the song.

Funniest gig moment for me happened at the colston hall seeing him. You had all the "older" generation stood there headbanging with the kids trying to start moshing. Some kid around 15/16 ran straight into one older guy, spilt his drink and got a huge right hand to the head. Out cold he was. They carried his mate off to the side and when they returned they stood like statues. 

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Featured in the 1984 series of the young ones

in the snow,

which was filmed in the Bishopston area.

Bambi was shot all over the place - Clifton, BTM and then the train scene is on the Portishead line when the GWR 150 celebrations went on. Viven gets his head chopped off and kicks it around the tracks by Pill station. Remember them filming it. Absolutely outrageous cast for that episode mind 

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0752252/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_tt_cl_sc

5 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Sounds like it all happened very quickly, much like any Motörhead song you could mention

Another part of my childhood gone

RIP Lemmy

Yep, another one gone. This is how it's going to be now over the next few decades.

R.I.P. Big Man.

Heaven has just got a lot noisier !! :death:

19 hours ago, Dorset_Cider said:

Ah but, is that not an expensive stadium that is not exclusively for football alone?

On 29/12/2015 at 08:06, The Batman said:

My first experience of Lemmy was the young ones university challenge episode. Then dad started playing more of him around the house when I said I liked the song.

Funniest gig moment for me happened at the colston hall seeing him. You had all the "older" generation stood there headbanging with the kids trying to start moshing. Some kid around 15/16 ran straight into one older guy, spilt his drink and got a huge right hand to the head. Out cold he was. They carried his mate off to the side and when they returned they stood like statues. 

Sparked a kid out for spilling his drink. What a hero

RIP Lemmy .

Saw a part of their gig in Norwich but could n't stay til  the end as it was awful !

A band regular had flu and they bought in a replacement who was not only not on the same hymnsheet but in another church .

Motorhead played loud , very loud and proud but this guy just messed up the sound so much i decided not to give up my hearing that night.

Lemmy , the guy who invented Rock stereotypes , made it real .

Bless him .

4 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sparked a kid out for spilling his drink. What a hero

Indeed he was. Glad we agree. The bloke would of been around the same age as I was at the time so mid to late ish teens. If you're old enough to dish it out, you're old enough to take any repercussion. Even I knew not to mosh and jump into a load of hells angel-esque rockers in a confined space. I'm surprised they waited as long as they did cuz they were pissed off for a good long while, but he waited until they crashed into him. It was hilarious. 

Archived