IGNORED

Passion

Shtanley

You can say we're underperforming, that we messed up in the summer and that we are in trouble unless something changes. But you can't deny that this group of players and manager are one of the most passionate set of people I've seen represent this club. When that goal went in last Saturday I didn't see "over payed pre-madonnas" or lazy overrated players that don't deserve to wear the shirt I saw 11 guys who had given it their all and as soon as they realised that wasn't enough they crumbled to the floor and buried their faces. If anything is worth celebrating from this distressful first half of the season it's that we've got a team who really really care about this team. I think that'll be very important come the end of the season. Here's to the first half of 2016 being as great as 2015

• Admin

Sadly being passionate doesn't win us games ! 

It's funny as I always think back to Marlon Harewood and his fist pumping to the fans, when people talk about passionate players. . . . 

When you look back at footage from then it feels a million miles away from where we are now, sadly all the good work is crumbling away.

Funnily though I still believe that the side back then as it was would have done better than what we are looking at today

• Admin

I never managed to get a season review DVD as they sold out and for goodness knows what reason someone decided selling 1000 DVD's was enough

There are two real stand out moments for me from the end of last season that I would like to see again

1. When the players came back onto the field in pairs etc to collect their medals and trophies after the Walsall game
  2. The open top bus parade and being at the speeches at the ampitheatre

Two memories that will always bring a smile back to my face thinking of my time following City - assume the above are on the DVD?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It's funny as I always think back to Marlon Harewood and his fist pumping to the fans, when people talk about passionate players. . . . 

When you look back at footage from then it feels a million miles away from where we are now, sadly all the good work is crumbling away.

Funnily though I still believe that the side back then as it was would have done better than what we are looking at today

"Sadly being passionate doesn't win us games ! "

I'm not entirely sure i agree with that statement.

i think passion and desire is not enough on its own, but when margins are tight .... And in this relegation dogfight the margins are very tight..... Passion commitment and desire may just be the crucial difference between staying up and going down.

I never managed to get a season review DVD as they sold out and for goodness knows what reason someone decided selling 1000 DVD's was enough

There are two real stand out moments for me from the end of last season that I would like to see again

1. When the players came back onto the field in pairs etc to collect their medals and trophies after the Walsall game
  2. The open top bus parade and being at the speeches at the ampitheatre

Two memories that will always bring a smile back to my face thinking of my time following City - assume the above are on the DVD?

Sadly not. The DVD is quite a poor production really in my mind.

It's just the highlights of the games (some with commentary, some without), there's no narration or presenter so it doesn't really tell the story of the season as previous DVDs did (I remember David Lloyd presenting one for sure) and just feels a bit like the bare minimum has been done. 

It goes from the Walsall match highlights to a few seconds of Steve L bringing out the trophy, then cuts to the point where all the players are on the platform as Wade lifts the trophy. Then a few on-pitch interviews (as per YouTube). There's not a glimpse of the bus tour or ampitheatre events.

The second disc has extended match highlights of the Walsall home league game but again cuts to the trophy presentation with Wade so doesn't cover the fun stuff that happened as each duo emerged. It then has some more of the on-pitch celebrations/interviews.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Bloody loved Marlon! Hence the profile picture haha

• Admin
17 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It goes from the Walsall match highlights to a few seconds of Steve L bringing out the trophy, then cuts to the point where all the players are on the platform as Wade lifts the trophy. Then a few on-pitch interviews (as per YouTube). There's not a glimpse of the bus tour or ampitheatre events.

That's really disappointing to read - they were some real highlights to a great season

Seems a bit of a waste of time now the way the players came out in small groups, that would have been spot on for a DVD

Perhaps another DVD can be put together of the celebrations? Out of interest does anyone know if this footage is "out there anywhere" youtube ?

That's really disappointing to read - they were some real highlights to a great season

Seems a bit of a waste of time now the way the players came out in small groups, that would have been spot on for a DVD

Perhaps another DVD can be put together of the celebrations? Out of interest does anyone know if this footage is "out there anywhere" youtube ?

im sure i saw a club video of this, possibly was on player

19 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Sadly not. The DVD is quite a poor production really in my mind.

It's just the highlights of the games (some with commentary, some without), there's no narration or presenter so it doesn't really tell the story of the season as previous DVDs did (I remember David Lloyd presenting one for sure) and just feels a bit like the bare minimum has been done. 

The second disc has extended match highlights of the Walsall home league game but again cuts to the trophy presentation with Wade so doesn't cover the fun stuff that happened as each duo emerged. It then has some more of the on-pitch celebrations/interviews.

Not surprised really, our media team's output has been shocking this last year. Shame because that DVD could have been quite special.

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Passion, belief and team spirit do. Sure skill is such an important component too, but you can overcome shortfalls by playing like a team, witness Leicester. 

I'd agree that passion on its own doesn't win games. I'd argue that sometimes passion isn't enough - particularly if other areas are lacking. What I saw however on Boxing Day was a team that cared. Cared when we scored and who celebrated enthusiastically as a team. And who cared equally as much when Charlton scored their equaliser.

The table might not lie and I for one think changes are needed but so long as all involved show commitment, passion and desire then they'll get my support.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Passion, belief and team spirit do. Sure skill is such an important component too, but you can overcome shortfalls by playing like a team, witness Leicester. 

In theory yes - but you need to be good enough to win games, just being passionate isn't enough

6 hours ago, phantom said:

In theory yes - but you need to be good enough to win games, just being passionate isn't enough

But I think the squad is good enough, certainly better then where we are. You don't walk the league last season and be so utter garbage unless there is a lack of confidence, the proof is with the likes of Leicester, Watford, and Bournemouth can overcome shortfalls in quality with team spirit, and work rate. Any good coach will meet those objectives. Just how long it can last is anyone's guess. 

Archived