IGNORED

Please

Dave

someone at Bristol City FC face up and explain what is going on at our Club.

We have currently only wasted the momentum we built up last season, but we are now in real danger of losing our championship status, with "no irons in the fire".

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I can tell you! were near the bottom of the Championship, but we still have 20'ish games to play. The transfer window is open, but our manager is hardly going to tell radio Bristol who we are,or aren't signing, and I don't blame him after what seems to have happened in the summer.

Of course he isn't, but his response was ill-advised at best, and if this window goes badly his comments will make him look even worse. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Of course he isn't, but his response was ill-advised at best, and if this window goes badly his comments will make him look even worse. 

I haven't heard it, I've only just got back from the game. But to be honest I'm not fussed about these after the game interviews, emotions are always running high after games and I don't really take any notice of what is or isn't said.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I haven't heard it, I've only just got back from the game. But to be honest I'm not fussed about these after the game interviews, emotions are always running high after games and I don't really take any notice of what is or isn't said.

Me neither, normally. But when on-pitch actions make no sense, it's all we have left! 

24 minutes ago, Dave said:

We have currently only wasted the momentum we built up last season, but we are now in real danger of losing our championship status, with "no irons in the fire".

It's sickening to see other (smaller) clubs all over the country rise up and go sailing past us. Why can't we do business at this level, why can't we ever get right? How can Bristol City as a club appear to have so much going for it, and at the same time have so little going for it?

It seems like Lansdown's money will prop us up, but will never take us anywhere. 

Since the close of Summer 2014 transfer window we have made 2 permanent signings, one of which lasted less than a month, that strategy needs some explanation, especially with the threat of the emergency loan window disappearing next season.

Loan signings who our manager does not appear to rate, that needs some explanation.

Academy prospects Reid and Burns who are touted as first team players getting minimal game time that needs some explanation.

I understand the reluctance to tell all to Radio Bristol, but I think the supporters of our club deserve a little information.

37 minutes ago, Dave said:

you shouldn't believe all you read or hear.

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Me neither, normally. But when on-pitch actions make no sense, it's all we have left! 

Personally I thought we were decent today, we bossed the second half except for Reading constantly 'working' our left side, ( once Baker went off it was clear to see they felt we were weak on that side) which in the end paid off for them. The players gave their all for us fans and the manager, we just lack the extra quality needed in this division. Hopefully we can get some in during January.

It is very frustrating.

Plenty of big-ish clubs have faced the ignominy of relegation to the third tier but why have they identified relatively unknown managers who not only took them back to the championship but then onwards to the premier league too?

Clubs like Leicester, Swansea, Stoke, Burnley, Manchester City, Southampton and West Brom have been in the third tier relatively recently and they have charged past us into the promised land.

Even Watford were threatened with administration in 2003 and used to be neck and neck with us, look at them now!

Why can other clubs get it right and we get it wrong? Why? Why?

When we got to that play off final against Hull - Swansea City, Brighton, Forest and Leeds were in league one....

21 minutes ago, Dave said:

Since the close of Summer 2014 transfer window we have made 2 permanent signings, one of which lasted less than a month, that strategy needs some explanation, especially with the threat of the emergency loan window disappearing next season.

Loan signings who our manager does not appear to rate, that needs some explanation.

Academy prospects Reid and Burns who are touted as first team players getting minimal game time that needs some explanation.

I understand the reluctance to tell all to Radio Bristol, but I think the supporters of our club deserve a little information.

Both players will know the situation aint that enough or does SC/SL have to write to every fan about every decision they make.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

OK, so we do have irons in the fire then. Thanks

There are still numerous things which have occurred at our club that need explanation.

See above ...why ?

11 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

See above ...why ?

All my concerns seem to be being answered, if it could be explained why we have left ourselves with a group of about fourteen players our manager trusts/rates, having made loan signings who our manager does not trust/rate then we can delete this topic.

Our Club is wasting the biggest opportunity it has had to make significant forward progress, but is making little effort to communicate with its fan base about on field matters. Providing no information or mis-information.

I note that you are happy with this situation, I find it incredibly frustrating.

Archived