IGNORED

FA Cup - Time to experiment?

Flagon

So with the FA Cup 3rd Round next week against a reasonably good Premiership team and with an ever decreasing squad will Cotts experiment just even a little bit? Only the eternal optimist will fancy our chances but it is the FA Cup and it can happen.

I would like to see Reid come in for Freeman and why not put Burns with Kodjia. I'm struggling to think of any other natural swaps without completely changing formation which against Premiership opponents might be a step too far and probably a bit unfair bringing these two into an unfamiliar set up when they train week in week out under the current set up.

Unless anything drastically changed it hasn't been suggested that new loans / new permanent deals are close so what other options do you think we could realistically do?

if Baker's injury keeps him out and Freeman too we could struggle to field many more than 3 on the bench.

Squad could be as light as this

Fielding, Little, Ayling, Flint, Bryan, Burns, Smith, Pack, Reid, Wilbs' Kodjia, Agard, O'Leary, Waggy.

even then I doubt SC would put any youth players on the bench

Bennett will play, I'd like to see Little, Reid and Burns all start too.

We play Preston just three days later in a far more important game, at present we'd have to recall El-Abd just to have a chance of a full subs bench..

No way would i be playing Kodjia, Smith, Bennett or Bryan in this game. £10 or not for a ticket, sod the FA Cup. League is priority and i'd want them rested for Preston. We cant afford injuries or even tiredness. 

We'll get battered most likely so time to give Wes, Bobby, Waggy and anyone else who turns up with a pair of boots a game. 

26 minutes ago, nickolas said:

No way would i be playing Kodjia, Smith, Bennett or Bryan in this game. £10 or not for a ticket, sod the FA Cup. League is priority and i'd want them rested for Preston. We cant afford injuries or even tiredness. 

We'll get battered most likely so time to give Wes, Bobby, Waggy and anyone else who turns up with a pair of boots a game. 

I disagree completely with this. Play our full stength team. It's a break from the pressure of the championship and the chance for the players to be underdogs and give west brom a good game. No pressure. A victory here might maybe be the catalyst the teams needs to push on and get some confidence flowing 

I would certainly like to see Wes given a go with Kodjia.

Would give Little a run out to give Bennett a rest (he will sign, can't believe Cotts would have mentioned it if it wasn't sorted)

Would like to see Reid given a start in LFs position, and if he does the biz, keep his place v PNE.  Bit like Wes too...show me you deserve a start in the league.

It might be another game to go 442?

Archived