IGNORED

"Luke Freeman, I thought he was magnificent tonight"

Shtanley

28 minutes ago, Londoner said:

thought Williams was good, but Norwood best player on the pitch by a mile....excellent on the ball and even better distribution...

Thought he was good too, just not as destructive as Williams.  A good pairing though.

I liked watching luke last season but this season he's so frustrating to watch. It was easier for him to pick the ball up in good positions and lay it off to willing runners last season. I don't think the formation has helped this season, but then again i don't think its helped anyone. A few games out the side or a change of system might help

The evidence was there last season against the better teams, he gets into great positions then seems to choose the wrong option or overplay it in the final 3rd. The big difference also this season is he's bulked up a bit, give reid a chance when he's been put in he looks a more natural AMC. 

8 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

One problem is his shooting ability or lack of. He rarely hits the target, generally blazes over the bar. He is yet to score at AG for us which in itself is amazing.  Take his chance today at the start. Goes for a gap of a balls width at the near post instead of surely what they are taught of hitting it across the keeper. If nothing else the keeper may save a spill back out. 

I think we should focus on JKs shooting ability rather than freemans today.

trully awful, couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel today

petsonally i thought today was not freemans worst display, not by a long way.

2 hours ago, djb6162 said:

I think we should focus on JKs shooting ability rather than freemans today.

trully awful, couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel today

petsonally i thought today was not freemans worst display, not by a long way.

Am I right in thinking Wes is quicker than Kodjia? 

If so I cannot understand why he isn't brought as others tire.

34 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Am I right in thinking Wes is quicker than Kodjia? 

If so I cannot understand why he isn't brought as others tire.

You are Correct, kodjia isnt the quickest in the team even if you dont include wes.

Wes' appearance yesterday was purely to kill the clock and nothing else unfortunately.

But  we didnt get that bit right either !

as to why wes isnt playing more.... well, others on here should comment before i do and a lot of them have, you will get contrasting views although most are very supportive.

Wes gets great encouragemnet from the fans everywhere he goes and that means a lot to him.

Without getting carried away, what Wes has shown for Wales u21s, is that he can play up-front.  He might play it differently to Wilbs, but he can play back to goal, plus he can spin in behind.

We need to know whether that ability is good enough for Championship football, and if given the chance realise that one 90 minutes shouldn't be make or break.  But he does need a chance, or else he might've well go elsewhere.

I think a few of us would've been worried about him playing wingback v Sheff Wed, but by all accounts he was one of our better players that day.

I would give him a go up top with JK against West Brom next Saturday.  As above I think it is a chance to see what he can do, but we also need to judge over a longer period whatever happens.

If he can continue improving, he could save us a lot of £money!

12 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very easy to measure Freeman contribution. **** all. 0 open play assists and 1 complete fluke of a goal in over half a season.

Harder to identify Pack's shortcomings.

Can't disagree. No assists from our 'playmaker' says it all tbh. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Without getting carried away, what Wes has shown for Wales u21s, is that he can play up-front.  He might play it differently to Wilbs, but he can play back to goal, plus he can spin in behind.

We need to know whether that ability is good enough for Championship football, and if given the chance realise that one 90 minutes shouldn't be make or break.  But he does need a chance, or else he might've well go elsewhere.

I think a few of us would've been worried about him playing wingback v Sheff Wed, but by all accounts he was one of our better players that day.

I would give him a go up top with JK against West Brom next Saturday.  As above I think it is a chance to see what he can do, but we also need to judge over a longer period whatever happens.

If he can continue improving, he could save us a lot of £money!

He led the line up at Cheltenham in the JPT last year and did pretty well IMO. Scored a good header and had a few other chances which didn't come off for him, but certainly a promising performance.

We all know that we are in need of several players to add to the squad, including a striker or two, but are not giving Wes the chance to show if he has something to offer. And he's already here!

This manager sure seems stubborn. Could understand it if we were on the up and he didn't want to unsettle things. But nothing could be further from the truth.

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

He led the line up at Cheltenham in the JPT last year and did pretty well IMO. Scored a good header and had a few other chances which didn't come off for him, but certainly a promising performance.

We all know that we are in need of several players to add to the squad, including a striker or two, but are not giving Wes the chance to show if he has something to offer. And he's already here!

This manager sure seems stubborn. Could understand it if we were on the up and he didn't want to unsettle things. But nothing could be further from the truth.

Yes, forgotten that appearance - yes, decent performance, and towering header at the far post.

Archived