IGNORED

Adam El Abd

Londoner

3 hours ago, swindon fan said:

Wouldn't be surprised if a new loan is arranged or even a permanent signing.

However, Power's a grade A knobhead so he'll probably go for  cheap one-legged replacement

We know, we witnessed his antics last season.

2 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Can't wait for him to be in the left side of our back 3.

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

He had tons of experience in a certain type of role.

We put him in a different type of role, and frankly he was awful.

Swindon played him in his normal role, and it looks like he did well.

Who would have thought it.

Spot on, right side CB in a 2, right side CB in a 3, or RB in a 4.  I do have some sympathy for him.  Looked an astute signing on paper at the time.  Played 100+ games at this level too.

4 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Well that's another we can't field on Saturday then. Currently we have 17 players registered for Saturday and one of them is injured and another hasn't played a first team match. Will we even be able to name 7 subs !

If we name 7 subs on Saturday, won't we get kicked out the competition anyway? 

Moore is going back and El Abd is our player. 

Are any posters here the same ones criticising letting GC go to Preston before we had a replacement..?

We all know El Abd isn't going to be anything more than emergency cover and will be on his way if/when we sign someone else. 

4 hours ago, samo II said:

Play the kids; we're on a hiding to nothing going up against a WBA side that have looked handy in the Premier League, and who'll have not one but two first team players back and available after suspension.

I'm not usually the blanky pessimistic type, but with what is an important and likely tough match against PNE the following Tuesday, and none of our seemingly nailed on starters having had less than 80 mins of game time every match over Christmas, I think that to play the full first team would be complete madness.

Let's be smart; rest our essential players, and let the kids/second string take the weight, and perhaps even show us something.

Worst case scenario we lost heavily, and not exactly likely we wouldn't do that anyway right now, considering how our last three away matches went.

I may be wrong, so shoot me if I'am, but under the rules haven't clubs got to play at least 8 players from the previous game. Or is it the JPT I'am thinking of?

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I may be wrong, so shoot me if I'am, but under the rules haven't clubs got to play at least 8 players from the previous game. Or is it the JPT I'am thinking of?

I hope we don't just play the kids. If we're trying to attract players in the window us getting completely stuffed by the baggies isn't going to help. If won't do the kids any good either.

15 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I think there may be some rule.  But I doubt we'd have the players to make that many changes anyway.

As long as we rest as many as we can from those we see starting against Preston, and don't get sanctioned, I say play whoever we have - a cup run would be fun, but I highly doubt with the limited squad we have, and the form we are in, that it is likely or indeed welcomed by the club right now.

9 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I hope we don't just play the kids. If we're trying to attract players in the window us getting completely stuffed by the baggies isn't going to help. If won't do the kids any good either.

Being beaten by WBA isn't the problem we'll have bringing in players; our league position and the fact we are getting trashed on a regular basis by teams at our own level is a bigger issue.

One half decent showing against WBA, followed by a loss to PNE because some of our regulars haven't had a rest all winter will be far more damaging to this club than losing that match.

I hope we win everytime we go out on the pitch, and I'll be doing the same for the WBA game.  But I just think head has to fuel heart right now, and the prospect of 3 league points is far, far more important than what happens at the Hawthorns.

5 hours ago, samo II said:

Play the kids; we're on a hiding to nothing going up against a WBA side that have looked handy in the Premier League, and who'll have not one but two first team players back and available after suspension.

I'm not usually the blanky pessimistic type, but with what is an important and likely tough match against PNE the following Tuesday, and none of our seemingly nailed on starters having had less than 80 mins of game time every match over Christmas, I think that to play the full first team would be complete madness.

Let's be smart; rest our essential players, and let the kids/second string take the weight, and perhaps even show us something.

Worst case scenario we lost heavily, and not exactly likely we wouldn't do that anyway right now, considering how our last three away matches went.

People said the same before we deservedly beat Palace under SOD. 

Agree PNE is a far more important game though.

18 minutes ago, City169 said:

People said the same before we deservedly beat Palace under SOD. 

Agree PNE is a far more important game though.

That's fair.

Think both WBA are comparatively better and us comparatively worse  just now, though.  And I'd also say we had a deeper squad at that time.

I hope we catch them by surprise, and they give us a reason to smile.  But the idea of Salamon Rondon attacking our back line doesn't fill me with hope.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

That's fair.

Think both WBA are comparatively better and us comparatively worse  just now, though.  And I'd also say we had a deeper squad at that time.

I hope we catch them by surprise, and they give us a reason to smile.  But the idea of Salamon Rondon attacking our back line doesn't fill me with hope.

Depends what team they put out of course but I always think teams like WBA take the cup a lot more seriously than the so-called big teams. It`s a competition they have a realistic chance of winning and if they do, it`s a way into Europe.

39 minutes ago, samo II said:

That's fair.

And Rickie Lambert...

1 hour ago, samo II said:

That's fair.

Can't argue that we had a deeper squad back then, but we certainly have a better team now. I remember at the time we still hadn't won a league game, and it was around the time Fontaine made his last appearance for us, we were woeful back then, but seemed to turn up in the cup games.

36 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Silly season, I know, but on Twitter we've apparently approached Darryl Clark from your esteemed neighbours about our seemingly always open managerial vacancy.

Some gash I know are panicking as well, maybe some truth in it - he's working miracles for them on next to nothing - if you are looking, I bet you're not the only ones!

13 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Because he can't play in a back 3 and we know that formation is not going to change anytime soon.

Results would suggest that the entire team has struggled with the 3-5-2 this season so I don't think that should rule him out! Anyway, he only has to sit on the bench. 

I think we will beat West Brom weirdly.

I can see a number of changes, players that are bursting at the seems to start a game.

Id play one up top in Burns/Kodjia, pack the defence with a 4 and one sitting in front sweeping or linking  depending on possession pack the middle of the park with the aim of trying to get as many balls over the top as I could for Burns/Kodjia to chase.

Or we may play the same formation and personnel and get rolled over by the odd 4/5.

Is it not worth a try?

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 22:11, Kibs said:

Results would suggest that the entire team has struggled with the 3-5-2 this season so I don't think that should rule him out! Anyway, he only has to sit on the bench. 

The 3-5-2 is really starting to hack me off.  What I would give to have Cunningham back and switch to a flat back 4.

Archived