IGNORED

Blackman after his goal yesterday

Olé

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere, but what was he doing? He seemed to need restraining by his own manager and coaching staff from hurling abuse at our bench as part of his celebration. What was it about? I saw him and Freeman having a little spat in the first half (and Blackman actually tried to get the referee to book him at one point) and Freeman was on the bench by that point, but I didn't think there was anything there to justify Blackman's reaction - about 10 or 15 seconds of beating his chest and pointing at our bench giving it a load of verbals until some of their coaching staff pulled him away. Not sure what to make of the fact none of our lot reacted.

Apparently Cotts spat gum at Blackman earlier in the game, that lead to Blackman spraying Cotts from a water bottle, and there was supposedly a bit of back and forth between them after that, including Blackman going to Cotts after he scored.

Thats what I gathered from reading the Reading forum anyway

11 minutes ago, City169 said:

Apparently Cotts spat gum at Blackman earlier in the game, that lead to Blackman spraying Cotts from a water bottle, and there was supposedly a bit of back and forth between them after that, including Blackman going to Cotts after he scored.

Complete professionalism all round them. W***ers. 

I was down by the corner flag on the right of the stand as you look at it so saw quite a bit of blackman coming down the right in the first half, close up he looked really quick and skilful and very well balanced, would be happy to get him here, but with us being rubbish and him hating our manager its probably unlikely!! Apart from him, there wasnt much between the 2 teams i reckon.

15 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I was down by the corner flag on the right of the stand as you look at it so saw quite a bit of blackman coming down the right in the first half, close up he looked really quick and skilful and very well balanced, would be happy to get him here, but with us being rubbish and him hating our manager its probably unlikely!! Apart from him, there wasnt much between the 2 teams i reckon.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say we probably won't sign him!!

1 hour ago, City169 said:

If this is true then both clubs or the FA need to discipline both party's. Especially as one incident would undoubtedly not happened if the other had already happened.

I really hope that our manager didn't spit anything at anyone, disgusting behaviour and the final straw IF true.

Lets hope it's nothing more than complete rumour.

46 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

If this is true then both clubs or the FA need to discipline both party's. Especially as one incident would undoubtedly not happened if the other had already happened.

I really hope that our manager didn't spit anything at anyone, disgusting behaviour and the final straw IF true.

Lets hope it's nothing more than complete rumour.

Agree with that, I really hope Cotts didn't spit gum at Blackman, if he did then he needs some form of reprimanding, as does Blackman if he did spray water all over Cotts. 

Hopefully it was mainly nothing, but there was obviously something that happened otherwise there wouldn't have been questions asked on both forums.

Well I can confirm that water was squirted multiple times by Blackman at Coterril saw it clearly as it was right in front of me. As far as spitting is concerned I saw nothing (but gum is small) but there was definitely verbals which went pretty much ignored by the officials and to be frank all a bit hand baggy. Blackman at the end should have been cautioned as it was clear but the City bench ignored it as did the officials again. 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Well I can confirm that water was squirted multiple times by Blackman at Coterril saw it clearly as it was right in front of me. As far as spitting is concerned I saw nothing (but gum is small) but there was definitely verbals which went pretty much ignored by the officials and to be frank all a bit hand baggy. Blackman at the end should have been cautioned as it was clear but the City bench ignored it as did the officials again. 

I thought you were in a box, impossible to see either party spit anything.

im not saying you aren't completely correct of course but gum is small as you sai, unless you're Sam allardyce.

Handbags at worst then, let's see.

thanks for clearing up what you saw, seems the most likely outcome of the truth I've read.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Hmmm? I wonder if they are good mates.

I'd imagine strikers often do finishing work away from the main group. Really committed players may come in early or leave late just to work on their finishing so I'm guessing these two may have spent a considerable amount of time training together.

1 minute ago, Just Red said:

I'd imagine strikers often do finishing work away from the main group. Really committed players may come in early or leave late just to work on their finishing so I'm guessing these two may have spent a considerable amount of time training together.

Might explain a few things if they have been keeping in touch over the last few months then.

3 minutes ago, Just Red said:

I know Turner and Taylor did this. 

They'd use one of those wooden artificial wall things that look like cut out players, put it on stilts, knock balls into the box and Turner would smash the player thing into about twelve pieces with his elbows and super Bob would tap the ball home from the knock down.

11 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I thought you were in a box, impossible to see either party spit anything.

im not saying you aren't completely correct of course but gum is small as you sai, unless you're Sam allardyce.

Handbags at worst then, let's see.

thanks for clearing up what you saw, seems the most likely outcome of the truth I've read.

Yes I was right above it straight in front of me and what me and my mate saw (just asked him). 

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 18:19, City169 said:

If anybody needs confirmation of how disgusting footballers & managers are these days, this is it!

Archived