IGNORED

Julian Speroni...

The Bard

Good shout.

Currently only third choice at Palace behind Wayne Hennessey and Alex McCarthy.

Likewise Kevin Davis at Saints is behind two others there even though their first choice (Fraser Forster) is out injured at present.

If we go for someone with a bit less experience Jake Kean is third choice over at Norwich.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not doubting his quality but hardly looking towards the future is it?

Maybe we should stay clear of keepers coming towards the end of their career, even if he does have a good year or so in him.

Looking at where we are currently in the league, I'm all for the present right now. Get him in til end of season, then get someone younger next year.

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Looking at where we are currently in the league, I'm all for the present right now. Get him in til end of season, then get someone younger next year.

I get that but in the meantime we could miss out on a player who could be our number one for the next 5 seasons, i.e. Bentley or Walton from Brighton.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I get that but in the meantime we could miss out on a player who could be our number one for the next 5 seasons, i.e. Bentley or Walton from Brighton.

I highly doubt Bentley will be moving this window. 

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not doubting his quality but hardly looking towards the future is it?

Maybe we should stay clear of keepers coming towards the end of their career, even if he does have a good year or so in him.

All about staying in this league this season.

21 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Always reminds me a bit of Basso, which isn't a bad thing. However if we're getting a new keeper then I'd really like a BIG keeper who can dominate.

Same as me, when I see speroni or he's mentioned can't help but think of our Brazilian hero

32 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Always reminds me a bit of Basso, which isn't a bad thing. However if we're getting a new keeper then I'd really like a BIG keeper who can dominate.

Like Hamer..?!

IF Speroni is available and willing, then it would be a great signing, for starters..! 

You guys with Bentley are like a lot with JET. Need to let go. We maybe had a chance in the summer. No chance now. Probably not next summer either. Good young keeper. What we should've been looking at but that ship has sailed. 

As far as Speroni, it is pointless. Steve Cotterhill is still manager and Frank is still 1st choice until SC leaves. Of course he is better but he'd be second choice on a relegation candidate in the championship. Why would any loan come here unless it was written into the loan how much they play? That is something I've never heard of either. 

I am fully prepared for a slow January transfer window and our very likely relegation. By all means continue debate about who we could bring in. It is fun and I imagine many would be great adds under anyone except SC. I just don't think we will see many changes and anyone that does come in is likely just to fill out bench. 

Ill add some that I bought for us in Fifa tho. I've bought Emmanuel Rivière from Newcastle and Jordi Gomez and Charis Mavrias from Sunderland. I don't know how much they play for their clubs but if we could loan players like that in, I think we would have a chance. 

And sorry if that seemed like I was being negative towards anyone on here. I'm not. I love a good debate on who we could get and speculation. I just don't see our situation changing under SC. He could very well keep us up but it'll be a lot of luck because nothing will change in terms of starters and formation. 

31 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

The problem I have with SC is that he seems to think FF is David De Gea and doesn't need replacing and I also feel he thinks luke Freeman is Lionel Messi and therefore is un droppable ans irreplaceable.

Careful! You're starting to make us sound like the dark side with that Barcelona comparison! 

On 3 January 2016 at 23:13, Chairman Mao said:

why did hamer go?

Because he signed on loan to play but ended up sitting on the bench, IMO Hamer should have been replaced straight away

I'm certain we will sign a keeper this month.

Whether he will replace Fielding or take over the Hamer role I've no idea but we won't go through the rest of the season with an Academy keeper on the bench.

The good thing about goalies is that supply exceeds demand, they are plenty of second or third choices out there who would improve us.

Archived