IGNORED

Leeds away, CAT A

BCFC1512

14 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/leedsunited/news/41572/

Ridiculous by Leeds to make us CAT A game.

Leeds chairman spits his chips out last week with Sky because of what they are doing the game, then charges fans over the odds for a game that is clearly not a bit draw.

Simply amazed at that price. This used to be a game for the working person to go to, take the kids and have a good day out (result dependant). Now it is a cash cow to greedy clubs. 

When you consider the prices for Saturday and we take 5K, we take 1200 odd to Huddersfield for a similar price. The message is simple to clubs, if you reduce your prices, fans will go. If Huddersfield had been say twenty/five quid that would have been reflected in the away following.

Unfortunately, for clubs like Leeds they still believe they're a massive club with a huge draw, not at forty quid of anyone's money 

The board are clearly as thick as a number of short planks.  We're not on their doorstep by any means.  With travelling costs a huge number will simply avoid.  Good!

As can be seen from Leeds finances over the years, they clearly aren't being run by astute businessmen.  I accept we have little to be proud of financially, but we're pretty fair when it comes to charging sensibly.

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Trying to think what championship club in the South West Leeds have got City confused with??? Must have been a few too many after a board meeting to cone up with that.

Mind you will always remember the site in the Leeds car park a few seasons back, I saw loads of coaches from Bristol / Taunton area etc, thought it was great that we had such a following then I realised that it was the home fans car park and these were in fact Leeds fans that had travelled up from the West Country.

Probably saw how many we took to Reading and WBA and saw an opportunity to cash in

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Would be just beautiful if Sky decided to televise it now and everyone stays at home to save the cash.

Exactly. Or just everybody boycott it anyway as that would leave him with no away fans and no sky money to compensate. Some clubs get it so right, and some get it so wrong. I think Leeds are one of the most horrible teams to watch anyway. 

19 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I am on the doorstep and was looking forward to this game (as much as it's possible to look forward to any game at the moment). I will not be going if it costs £42.

It's not £42, it's £37.

To class this (a game between a mid table team and a team in the relegation zone, at the end of January) as a cat A game is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard in a long time! 

For me it's not the ticket price itself, it's how they can possibly categorise this as the top level of game, with top end pricing is just down right wrong!

I'm hardly ever one to back boycotting games, but this is unacceptable. 

We cannot take the moral high ground on this one, how many category a games have we had this season?

It's not right but I hardly think we can justify a 'protest' given that we charged MK Dons, Brentford, Leeds, Wolves and Fulham full whack.

We all know Leeds is an expensive away day, as is Ipswich, personally I scrubbed those two out when the fixtures came out.

The club has acted as mersonaries with its' categorising of games, we could possibly be paying the price for it in the second half of the season these return games.

It really is about time some kind of limit was agreed for tickets, with a cap on the number of 'category A' games.

Before we claim the moral high ground (and I'm not suggesting these prices are acceptable by the way), consider the fact that the £37 advance price is actually a pound cheaper than a non-member would pay to sit in the central Dolman this season.  How does that encourage new support?  The prices are shameful.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, New2City said:

But where are you seeing the tickets for sale? When I look under away tickets on the bcfc website, I only see west brom. 

@New2City Just gone on sale to Leeds supporters - the catergory details as higher up this page is from their site

Bargain at £2 cheaper than Sheffield Wednesday!

Seriously though I was so incensed by £39 at Hillsborough (especially having sorted transport before prices were confirmed) I emailed a complaint. The response was a joke. Written by the commercial director he tried to justify the prices as part of their new "innovative ticketing price structure"!

I think WBA and Huddersfield this season could teach them a thing or two about innovative ticketing pricing judging by our away attendance  

To anyone not going to Elland Rd who would have done with sensible ticket prices do email and complain if you can . A silent protest at the end of the day is not much of a protest  

16 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

True. £30 is a decent slice off of £37-42.

£18 for under 12s is awful though. 

Let's not use £37-42 as the bar.  If we do then it will quickly become an acceptable norm.

I would argue that £30 is still too much for a behind-the-goal view of bog-standard second tier game; it only looks acceptable against the context of even more horrendous overpricing elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Let's not use £37-42 as the bar.  If we do then it will quickly become an acceptable norm.

I would argue that £30 is still too much for a behind-the-goal view of bog-standard second tier game; it only looks acceptable against the context of even more horrendous overpricing elsewhere.

I do agree with you. But I'm wondering how many clubs Birmingham have visited this year where they've paid much less. 

On 05/01/2016 at 10:30, RedM said:

Exactly. Or just everybody boycott it anyway as that would leave him with no away fans and no sky money to compensate. Some clubs get it so right, and some get it so wrong. I think Leeds are one of the most horrible teams to watch anyway. 

On sky or not. You don't get money for being televised anymore the season funds are split between the 24 clubs. 

Archived