IGNORED

Zinedine Zidane

Super

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Does Ronaldo get on with anyone?

Great player, could watch him all day, but I read somewhere the other day that after football he doesn't want to continue in the game, he wants to build his brand

What a massive****

So like Beckham...?

36 minutes ago, hodge said:

So like Beckham...?

Whát's Beckham got to do with it!?

32 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

CR wants to do his own thing. Build his brand, spend time with his family and forget about football for a bit. Why does that make him anything other than a man doing what makes him happy? 

It's that word 'brand'. He's a footballer

Just now, Woodsy said:

Whát's Beckham got to do with it!?

It's that word 'brand'. He's a footballer

Now he is. Michael Jordan was a basketball player. Now he is becoming more synonymous with his brand of trainers and is worth a billion USD. Jay Z, Beyoncé, and Puff Daddy were/are entertainers who have fortunes approaching a billion. As I am American these are examples I have that I'm familiar with. There is always life after the spotlight

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

When he stopped football he focused on his brand, what would be so different about Ronaldo focusing on it when he stops?

Beckham also took joy in team mates scoring goals and has raised millions for charities. I've never heard Beckham mention his 'brand' though?

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Now he is. Michael Jordan was a basketball player. Now he is becoming more synonymous with his brand of trainers and is worth a billion USD. Jay Z, Beyoncé, and Puff Daddy were/are entertainers who have fortunes approaching a billion. As I am American these are examples I have that I'm familiar with. There is always life after the spotlight

Absolutely - I'd prefer 'legacy' though!

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Beckham also took joy in team mates scoring goals and has raised millions for charities. I've never heard Beckham mention his 'brand' though?

I'd have a little read about what Ronaldo does for charities before you go making stuff up. He does a lot more than most other sports stars that's for sure.

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Absolutely - I'd prefer 'legacy' though!

They can go hand in hand though. Maybe not as easy for CR though. He's a great but many would say not as good as Messi, Pele or Maradona. Whereas Jordan is the greatest to ever do it in his sport. Point is you can turn your fantastic career into something more after. He could make a good career at a club coaching, managing or on the board. Or maybe he tries his hand at owning a club. Maybe he wants a CR7 brand. Aftershave, clothing, footwear, etc. He's done well for himself and if he doesn't want to be in the football spotlight, by all means he should try other things. 

Archived