IGNORED

Lansdown's cunning plan

Major Isewater

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Could you make some stickers to place "dans les toilettes" of the local bar? Maybe a Robin, the Willem II badge and the old Alliance Ethnik logo? All silhouetted against a tricolore. 

C.N.U mementos would be found a grateful  home in BS3.

Experiences shared of foreign stadiums and fan culture also may be of interest. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed. If our squad does not improve in January I'd put good money on us being relegated. To have - what - 17 first team players is an absolutely ludicrous situation to be in

Chelsea had 17 players who made more than 4 league appearances last season. Theirs were, admittedly, somewhat better than ours, but having a small squad is not a problem in itself. Having players who aren't good enough may be.

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

Living in France "may" alter your perception of what is occurring. Bristol City financially, physically, and in structure has undergone, and is undergoing a seismic like change.

Everything is changing, many fans do not understand what for instance what Bristol Sport do, and are doing.

Some of us are uneasy about Bristol City being tenants in their own stadium, and how the identity of what we look upon as being "our" club is being altered by Bristol Sport. We still have an opportunity to decide how to attempt to affect  that and how to support the team. It is very hard to be negatively supportive. Very hard!

Whilst BCFC is in such a great state of flux, it's uneven to suggest that Mr Lansdown has gone into while Rome burned mode. Mr Lansdown is transforming  Ashton Gate and spending tens of millions of pounds. That is a very big doing something v doing little/standing still/going backwards.

I think SL has faith in Cotterill and will give him time , i see that as holding his nerve , rightly or wrongly.

What i don't believe is that SL will suddenly break the famous wage structure to try to secure our Championship status possibly leaving us in bigger danger if we get relegated.

Living away gives me a clear overview of what's going on because there is less emotion in my perception of the situation .

i am left with cold hard facts .

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe , just as Cotts is flogging his team to death that Lansdown is doing the same to him .

I don't believe that SL will sack SC any time soon.He will wait to see if SC quits or at worse if the players stop playing for him to let him go then.

I think SL will take the gamble of going down with the idéal to regroup and get promoted at first attempt with the majority of the players we have currently at the club .

He knows we are a big fish in League 1 and can be profitable there before a big push into the Championship with our shiny new stadium and a more experienced team , who know each other so well and a more level playing field financially .

I don't believe that he will take big risks to preserve our status this season.

This window will confirm my theory or show to the world that i really have n't a clue . 

I personally think you are 100% wrong!

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

i am left with cold hard facts .

And your opening post is opinion, conjecture, speculation ... Just like your thread starter regarding Mr Cotterills understanding of psychology.

2 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Chelsea had 17 players who made more than 4 league appearances last season. Theirs were, admittedly, somewhat better than ours, but having a small squad is not a problem in itself. Having players who aren't good enough may be.

Take your point, but it only takes a couple of injuries and a suspension and you're talking about a situation where you can literally only name 3 subs.

We got VERY lucky last season in that regards with a small squad, this year it's more 'threadbare'.

The other difference is at least all of Chelsea's 17 were class. One of ours has never even played a football league match!

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Yet another misguided soul who is hard of understanding .

i don't adhere to this plan it is just a gut feeling i have having seen where We are at the moment and the noises coming out of the club that , incidently , i love and have supported through thick and mostly thin for fifty odd years .

i am not about to give up now

, above all , on the advice of someone who's form of discussion is non existent .

I have ambition and this is why i am so ******* angry to find ourselves in this situation through sheer mis management .

Surely mis management is what's happening at clubs like Leeds who should be in the top ten of the Premier league.

We as a club are probably a bottom 10 Championship club, so we aren't far from where we should be. Whose to say we won't be exactly where 'I'think our rightful position is, at the end of the season. Leeds won't be!

hehe, made me chuckle, then again if the Rugby club gets promoted who cares about city?

I recall last time we went down I went to my first match of the season around 20 games in. We were away to PNE. We lost 1-0 and we managerless having won a single game all season. Someone in the stand had a 7 month old daughter who'd never seen city win.

can't wait for next year...

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Surely mis management is what's happening at clubs like Leeds who should be in the top ten of the Premier league.

We as a club are probably a bottom 10 Championship club, so we aren't far from where we should be. Whose to say we won't be exactly where 'I'think our rightful position is, at the end of the season. Leeds won't be!

image.jpg

Archived