IGNORED

When do we panic buy?

GJS

I have been fairly calm and optimistic about our chances of staying up but this has changed fairly rapidly over the Christmas and new year period. I feel like our squad is very low in confidence and we need new signings quickly. I cannot see this group of players keeping us up.

if we struggle to attract decent players, which is looking likely. When  do we decide we need to panic buy unproven championship players or overpaid older players? Will we do this or just stick with the current squad and hope for the best?

1 hour ago, GJS said:

I have been fairly calm and optimistic about our chances of staying up but this has changed fairly rapidly over the Christmas and new year period. I feel like our squad is very low in confidence and we need new signings quickly. I cannot see this group of players keeping us up.

if we struggle to attract decent players, which is looking likely. When  do we decide we need to panic buy unproven championship players or overpaid older players? Will we do this or just stick with the current squad and hope for the best?

I don't think the people running this club have a clue let alone any sort of recruitment plan. It seems most of our signings were panic buys as half of them hardly got a game. 

21 minutes ago, hortonred said:

I don't think the people running this club have a clue let alone any sort of recruitment plan. It seems most of our signings were panic buys as half of them hardly got a game. 

The club desperately needs leadership whoever that may be, the manager, or a member of the board.

What we do over the next couple of weeks will determine the clubs ambition. I personally don't think we can turn this round, for several reasons. Firstly, the number of players we actually require. The news that Bennett has left plus the other three loan players means our squad is light on numbers and more importantly quality. Secondly, where are we going to pay the money that is required to pay in the players we need. To improve this squad will cost money, far more than in the summer as players tend to be more expensive this tine of the year. Finally, a week today we play a relegation rival, we can't afford to sit and wait and the downside is if we do get players in their first game will be against a relegation rival, hardly ideal.

We will promoted and were I believe an attractive proposition. We simply are not now. We had longer than any other promoted team in the country to know what league we would be in. We should have been tapping players up during last season, it would appear we didn't take advantage of that 

Archived