IGNORED

Early bird Season Tickets

Flagon

It's probably not long before this pops up and something I'm starting to read following this first week of the transfer window is a real sense of supporter apathy, particularly if we go down after seemingly so much promise.

I've no doubt that many will have bought season tickets this season as they always have. However, with an amazing season last year and promise of better sides to watch and team seemingly on the up I'm sure there will have been quite a few who bought season tickets to guarantee they have a seat, particularly with only three sides of a ground complete and real risk of not getting in.

If we were to go down, other than potential savings by paying up front and some discounts here and there, there will be no danger of not getting a seat unless a big cup draw against a top drawer Premiership team and maybe even if there is a Bristol derby. The manner in which we could go down is likely to leave a bitter taste in supporters mouths and I can see there being a fair drop off of season ticket renewals. This is a worry and should be alot of concern to the board as to not have that initial boost of season ticket sales and then have to rely on walk up figures, assuming the team is competing at the top end, will surely damage finances especially after such investment in the ground.

The board and Cotts I'm sure are doing their utmost to sort this out but they are running out of time and even players now. Please sort before it gets significantly worse. 

I didn't choose my club, my dad took me and told me this is who we support at 4 years old.

And so I went with him for that first season where Saturday's seemed to consist of being wrapped in his sheepskin coat with my head poking out the buttons to watch the game as it was so cold stood on the terrace at the East End, I was instantly hooked.

From going with dad to then growing up and going with my mates (where I bought my season tickets with my birthday money from family and friends) to enjoying match days in recent years repaying those early days by taking my old man and finally this season introducing my 4 year old son to his club.

I'm afraid it's in the blood, a love affair that regardless of what division were are in or what opposition we play I'll be there season ticket renewed. 

I see both sides to it. Part of me feels like I shouldn't renew so I'm not funding a club that doesn't want to use it. Part of me wants to support my club no matter what. I know I'll end up down there quite a bit season ticket or not. May as well save a few quid but they are making it a lot easier for many

14 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I didn't choose my club, my dad took me and told me this is who we support at 4 years old.

And so I went with him for that first season where Saturday's seemed to consist of being wrapped in his sheepskin coat with my head poking out the buttons to watch the game as it was so cold stood on the terrace at the East End, I was instantly hooked.

From going with dad to then growing up and going with my mates (where I bought my season tickets with my birthday money from family and friends) to enjoying match days in recent years repaying those early days by taking my old man and finally this season introducing my 4 year old son to his club.

I'm afraid it's in the blood, a love affair that regardless of what division were are in or what opposition we play I'll be there season ticket renewed. 

This is what the club know and what they rely on year on year. Yes I'm concerned now and if we get relegated it will be a kick in the groin after what happened last year. But when the season tickets go on sale, well, I know what I will do....Again!!

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

With 27k seats to fill, it will be very interesting to see early bird prices (if any). It will give an early indication to the pricing structure for the completed stadium.

The way things are going on the pitch, I don't think they need to hurry with the new stand for next season.

Will definitely renew regardless, but would expect the board to be offering some price reductions to try and get attendances towards the £20k mark. Wouldn't surprise me if the early bird offer is later this year - the way thing are going it looks like we won't know which league we're in until the last few games. Just essential we don't go down this year but it's looking dodgy...

Just now, marmite said:

This is what the club know and what they rely on year on year. Yes I'm concerned now and if we get relegated it will be a kick in the groin after what happened last year. But when the season tickets go on sale, well, I know what I will do....Again!!

Precisely, a captive audience that's loyal to the core.

They need to reflect that in their thinking more. 

55 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I work in London and travel back for every home match. I couldn't justify that in League 1. Would rather come back for the odd few and go away to games closer to home instead/tasty clashes

Not many London clubs in League 1 though unfortunately! 

I'm still looking forward to the London Championship away games this year; Brentford, Charlton, QPR and Fulham.

3 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

With 27k seats to fill, it will be very interesting to see early bird prices (if any). It will give an early indication to the pricing structure for the completed stadium.

Particularly if our destiny is not yet clear. It won't make any difference to me, I will renew but I'm sure people will be put off that initial outlay for various reasons.

For me I moved to the area and my dad took me on my 11th birthday to see us play Blackpool on a Tuesday night at Ashton Gate. We won 3 0 and Alan Walsh scored a great free kick. I loved it, continued to go and we moved on to season tickets where I only took a break as I went to University and couldn't afford to travel back. As soon as I was finished with University I was back. Almost 30 years on and we may be back where I started! I don't have my dad anymore but I got my team still and I know he'd be pleased I will renew.

16 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Well it wont be 27,000 as the top tier wont even be open. I reckon apart from the odd huge game, capacity will be about 21,500 next season in League 1

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

due to work  i will continue to potd whatever league we are in, would like to see someting like what bradford did with their st prices, got to get people in the habit of going regularly ,  wont hold my breath though, i think city will be happy with 10k in the ground in league 1

That last point simply isn't true. 

League one last season was some of the most fun I've ever had at football. I've got no delusions of grandure, if we go down we won't die - we'll just have to have all that fun all over again.

guys try and remember why you go to football, if it just about winning I'm sorry you've picked the wrong team. 

Best but bit this season for me, flints goal against Leeds, we didn't even win - still went batshit crazy.

its moments for me, sometimes amazing, sometimes heartbreaking. All part of the package which is league football. Love it.

14 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

League one last season was some of the most fun I've ever had at football. I've got no delusions of grandure, if we go down we won't die - we'll just have to have all that fun all over again.

guys try and remember why you go to football, if it just about winning I'm sorry you've picked the wrong team. 

Best but bit this season for me, flints goal against Leeds, we didn't even win - still went batshit crazy.

its moments for me, sometimes amazing, sometimes heartbreaking. All part of the package which is league football. Love it.

Don`t think I`ve ever enjoyed a rendition of `2-0 and you ****** it up` so much.

4 hours ago, The_Don said:

Same seat, same faces, same pub every other Saturday regardless of division, same as the past 10 years, the same in the next 10 years.

But would you want another year of Walsall, Chesterfield, Rochdale if you had sixty six years following City with 50% of it against dross like that?

Correct answer is NO!

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

But would you want another year of Walsall, Chesterfield, Rochdale if you had sixty six years following City with 50% of it against dross like that?

Correct answer is NO!

Apparently the ticket prices will cheer people up though. 

Archived