IGNORED

FA Cup betting for Saturday

Calculus

Just been looking at a few betting sites for Saturday and see that you can get West Brom to win at only 6/4 on. This looks like free money to me but just don't like the idea on betting against City.

Am I being over pessimistic about City's chances and is betting on the baggies acceptable?

Think of it as insurance.

Don't bet so much you end up wanting City to lose, that way when City win, you won't care if you lost a small amount of cash. If City do lose, you have a little extra to drown your sorrows!

That said, this works better with other sports including rugby, unless you cover off the draw in your bet, otherwise that's a really frustrating result (although at the moment an away draw might feel like a win)

10 hours ago, Calculus said:

Just been looking at a few betting sites for Saturday and see that you can get West Brom to win at only 6/4 on. This looks like free money to me but just don't like the idea on betting against City.

Am I being over pessimistic about City's chances and is betting on the baggies acceptable?

Perfectly acceptable. Spend the winnings in the City shop if you like or on a pie and pint at AG. 

9 hours ago, Griffin said:

Always bet against City, win win. City lose you win money, City win then City win.

After the Charlton game, half-way through the season and City in the bottom three, amazingly you could get 4/1 on relegation in what almost looks like a 3 from 5 situation. Makes a change to have a bet you hope will lose. Still 9/4 yesterday.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Would love a flutter on this one but don't want to open an online betting account ahead of remortgaging. The banks hate this. 

If only there were places you could walk in off the street, on most high streets, to put a cheeky bet on without anybody knowing about it. 

I might take the idea on Dragons Den. I think "Betting shops" would be a good name for them but I'm not sure it would ever take off. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

If only there were places you could walk in off the street, on most high streets, to put a cheeky bet on without anybody knowing about it. 

I might take the idea on Dragons Den. I think "Betting shops" would be a good name for them but I'm not sure it would ever take off. 

Love the sarcasm. Live miles from a betting shop. Ain't worth the trip. 

16 hours ago, Calculus said:

where on earth did you find 6/4??

Guest baggie192
1 hour ago, cynic said:

Decent game for you lot maybe..

Might be uncomfortable for 5,300 in the crowd.

If he does go attacking with Tone ya never know :D  The Vine does cracking Indian Barbaque food though

1 hour ago, phantom said:

As we have a history of conceding 4 in a game up there, and we have shipped 4 in a game many times this season already

4-0 anyone?

Gatehead last year same fixture was 7-0 It's his offical first anniversary game too. You seem to be a nicer bunch.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

As we have a history of conceding 4 in a game up there, and we have shipped 4 in a game many times this season already

4-0 anyone?

Do you think they will take it easy for the second half then?

Guest baggie192

If it's any consolation I don't think Berahino will play. I think the team will be 4-4-1-1 Foster or Lindegaard, Evans,Dawson McAully or Olsson, Brunt Sessegnon, Fletcher, Yacob, McClean. Then Anichebe or Lambert and Rondon

8 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

If it's any consolation I don't think Berahino will play. I think the team will be 4-4-1-1 Foster or Lindegaard, Evans,Dawson McAully or Olsson, Brunt Sessegnon, Fletcher, Yacob, McClean. Then Anichebe or Lambert and Rondon

I don't think you will field a team that strong plus teams questioning Lambert won't want him duo tied....

Guest baggie192
1 minute ago, joshthomson said:

I don't think you will field a team that strong plus teams questioning Lambert won't want him duo tied....

Nobodies in for Lambert They are for Berahino and Anichebe (maybe in his case) mate. We won't risk Myhill. If Pulis is serious about a strong side then thats it. I can't see McManaman ahead of Sess. Morrison instead of Fletcher to go more attacking? Maybe, but he's been a sub. Perhaps Nabi as a sub as well, he wants first team. I can't see a weaker team

Guest baggie192
1 minute ago, cynic said:

Its worth going to the game just to spend a coupla hours in the Vine - excellent pre-match grub and atmosphere.

Can't see us doing a Gateshead...........hopefully.

The Vine's awesome. I don't think it'll be a Gateshead but we'll give you a run as I said to Josh here's our squad and I picked the Team that I think is most likely:

1 Ben Foster
3 Jonas Olsson
4 James Chester
5 Claudio Yacob
6 Jonny Evans
7 James Morrison
8 Craig Gardner
10 Victor Anichebe
11 Chris Brunt
13 Boaz Myhill
14 James McClean
15 Sebastien Pocognoli
16 Cristian Gamboa
17 Rickie Lambert
18 Saido Berahino
19 Callum McManaman
21 Anders Lindegaard
23 Gareth McAuley
24 Darren Fletcher
25 Craig Dawson
29 Stephane Sessegnon
33 Salomon Rondon

I wouldn't mind to see what City fans will think their team will be?

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

Fielding, Ayling, Flint, Baker, Little, Bryan, Pack, Smith, Reid, Wilbraham, Kodjia

Baker and Freeman I think are doubts at the moment, so they could be wrong, if Williams is fit then wouldn't be surprised if he was in for Bryan and if Freeman is fully fit then he will be in for Reid.

Bench will be O'Leary, Agard, Wagstaff, Freeman, Burns, Garita, El Abd

Won't be El Abd, he is cup-tied.

2 hours ago, baggie192 said:

The Vine's awesome. I don't think it'll be a Gateshead but we'll give you a run as I said to Josh here's our squad and I picked the Team that I think is most likely:

1 Ben Foster
3 Jonas Olsson
4 James Chester
5 Claudio Yacob
6 Jonny Evans
7 James Morrison
8 Craig Gardner
10 Victor Anichebe
11 Chris Brunt
13 Boaz Myhill
14 James McClean
15 Sebastien Pocognoli
16 Cristian Gamboa
17 Rickie Lambert
18 Saido Berahino
19 Callum McManaman
21 Anders Lindegaard
23 Gareth McAuley
24 Darren Fletcher
25 Craig Dawson
29 Stephane Sessegnon
33 Salomon Rondon

I wouldn't mind to see what City fans will think their team will be?

I know you want to win but you cant play all them;

19 minutes ago, finbarr_in_zurich said:

The biggest odds on is that there's going to be some hoo-haa in or around the ground as there always seems to be when we go there. No idea why as we've no real gripe with WBA (except Tiny Penis of course).

Even if WBA aren't up for it, West Midlands Police will make sure something happens:yes:

3 hours ago, baggie192 said:

1 Ben Foster

3 Jonas Olsson
4 James Chester
5 Claudio Yacob
6 Jonny Evans
7 James Morrison
8 Craig Gardner
10 Victor Anichebe
11 Chris Brunt
13 Boaz Myhill
14 James McClean
15 Sebastien Pocognoli
16 Cristian Gamboa
17 Rickie Lambert
18 Saido Berahino
19 Callum McManaman
21 Anders Lindegaard
23 Gareth McAuley
24 Darren Fletcher
25 Craig Dawson
29 Stephane Sessegnon
33 Salomon Rondon

**** me!

On 6 January 2016 at 21:57, Calculus said:

Bet with your head not your heart, if you think West Brom are going to win...bet on West Brom.

Anybody who criticises you for doing so doesn't live in the real world I'm afraid. As long as you'd rather lose your money than pick up the 'insurance' then you've got no reason to feel bad if the bet comes in.

Guest cider city red 81

Suprised a lot of you think we will lose. I'm convinced we will smash them 3 or 4 . There are always one or two 'upsets' 

Archived