IGNORED

Rosenior's support wavering

Major Isewater

Just recently Leroy Rosenior was right behind Cotts now even he is wavering view his piece in the Post .

"I have backed Steve to turn things around if he can get the players he feels he needs in the transfer window, but there is no getting away from the fact that there are reasons to be concerned at the moment."

:shocking:

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/LEROY-ROSENIOR-COLUMN-Late-goals-major-headache/story-28480680-detail/story.html#ixzz3we9kizoA 
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

Not sure I read that the same as you. Seems to me his support for SC is based upon him being able to get the players he wants in with no suggestion whether he'll be to blame/blameless if he can't. He's said he's backed him if he can get those players and he doesn't repeal that, even by implication from my reading, so I think he's unmoved.

The next para goes on to discuss our upcoming fixtures and I think that's where he's coming from with 'concern'.

That's pretty fair. I think most if not all of us still behind Cotterill are concerned, we're in the bottom three. And for whatever reason, which no one knows unless you're an MI5 spy like Spudski, we don't look like we're going to be adding much to the squad. The apportion of blame is where people differ, and how/if we can get out of it.

33 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Who cares what any one from the evil post thinks?? Especially Leroy who is getting paid to write something.

Just the fact that when posters have an opinion others roll out the argument that they're not professional footballers , coaches or managers so their view is some how invalid.

Now we have a guy who has been all three and has subtlely changed his position with regard to our manager .

Only recently he's been writing that Cotterill is the man to get us out of trouble and that everyone should get behind him , note the change of tone .

There is a différence between ' i am backing Cotterill to sign the necessary players ' to ' i have been ... ' 

that is to say ' i am no longer backing him ' .

i have stated my position in the situation and don't wish to keep banging on but i found the change in Rosenior's stance interesting .

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

There is a différence between ' i am backing Cotterill to sign the necessary players ' to ' i have been ... ' .

It certainly depends upon how you read it but to my mind that's akin to saying 'I have backed him and I've no need to restate that'. Without saying his position has changed, which he has not, I think you're inferring what is not there.

It's a bit like asking someone's opinion and asking them day-by-day if its any different. If it has he would say his opinion has changed. He has not and he's reminding us of his stance.

The concern point, whilst poor grammar, clearly (to me, anyway) is an introduction to the next paragraph which talks about our upcoming fixtures.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Who cares what any one from the evil post thinks?? Especially Leroy who is getting paid to write something.

It hasn't been called the Bristol Evening Post for years so the 'Evil Post' nickname is a bit tired now. Having said that, I work with a guy who used to work at the Bristol Post, he isn't from Bristol and he couldn't believe how biased the editorial team were towards the gas because they were obviously all gasheads. He said a reporter was once sent hundreds of miles to report on a court case just because a City fan was being charged with disorder...

Archived