IGNORED

It doesn't feel like a defeat!

Fordy62

Ok, the smart answer is "because it isn't", but most times a last minute goal would feel like a defeat. 

Today was different. The opposition were clearly a better team, yet we managed to match them blow for blow. 

I thought Freeman had a really good game (probably my MOTM) Flint was solid, Smith was his usual self. I was perhaps a little disappointed with both Little and Pack but both grew as the game went on. 

There'll be people on this page who didn't go and they'll be saying 'same old, same old' but that isn't the case. We were really good. 

For me the pride is back. If we're anywhere near that good on Tuesday, then we'll steam roller Preston. 

All is not lost here. We've got spirit and togetherness and today we had application on the field. 

A really really good showing. Well done the boys and well done the fans. 

COYR. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok, the smart answer is "because it isn't", but most times a last minute goal would feel like a defeat. 

Today was different. The opposition were clearly a better team, yet we managed to match them blow for blow. 

I thought Freeman had a really good game (probably my MOTM) Flint was solid, Smith was his usual self. I was perhaps a little disappointed with both Little and Pack but both grew as the game went on. 

There'll be people on this page who didn't go and they'll be saying 'same old, same old' but that isn't the case. We were really good. 

For me the pride is back. If we're anywhere near that good on Tuesday, then we'll steam roller Preston. 

All is not lost here. We've got spirit and togetherness and today we had application on the field. 

COYR. 

Thanks Fordy .

Was our formation the same as usual ?

Personally thought Freeman was poor again....

UNTIL he had 2 men to aim at, once Burns and Agard came on we were a different animal. Proud of the boys for getting back into the game but still very worrying that we've conceded 3 late goals in 3 games. 

Though Flint and Baker were great today and agree about Little and Pack, same old problems for those two.

Bring on Preston. COYR

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

COYR. 

Thanks Fordy for this, listening to SC after the match, like us all he was truly gutted at conceding well into stoppage and he wears his heart on his sleeve, lets hope this is the turn around and by next Sat at 5pm we are all wearing large grins. We have just been having the AG gremlins and now is the time to BURY them and start getting points :city:

Flint and Baker were busy but looked composed. Freeman I thought looked quite determined, he was up for a fight but not that affective as often had 2 on him. Kodjia and Wilbs looked quiet. We were pretty much pegged back in the first half but came out like men pocessed in the 2nd half. Bryan looked like he was injured before he was, nothing went right for him. Little grew into the game. Worried when Frankie didn't appear but Max did well and kicked well. Like Fordy says it feels better than a draw

Archived