IGNORED

Max O'Leary

GrahamC

By my reckoning the first goalkeeper from the academy ever to appear in the first team and the first keeper to come through the club ranks to do so since Steve Phillips (yes, I know he was at Paulton but that's local to me).

Anyway, best of luck to him, apart from making me feel very old (he looks about 14 if you are in your fifties) he genuinely seemed thrilled about playing for what he called his "boyhood club".

Bless him.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

By my reckoning the first goalkeeper from the academy ever to appear in the first team

Wayne Brown? Played in a 4-1 home win over Brentford or Peterborough. Or was that before the academy existed?

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Hope so. Will be a pressure game and his experience will help. Big decision to play a young GK in what is a crucial game.

I think (but may be wrong) that the couple of days treatment, maybe injection, could see him fit. I don't think SC even at his grumpiest would rick it unless he had to. 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Hope so. Will be a pressure game and his experience will help. Big decision to play a young GK in what is a crucial game.

Nothing against throwing him on. My concern would be with then no cover, if he picks up a knock we would be playing with an out fielder in goal in a crtical game. Just seems a huge risk, unless there is an academy kid we can lump on the bench?

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Nothing against throwing him on. My concern would be with then no cover, if he picks up a knock we would be playing with an out fielder in goal in a crtical game. Just seems a huge risk, unless there is an academy kid we can lump on the bench?

Jojo Wollacott is the next likely in line. Frankie seems to rate them both: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Frank-Fielding-predicts-bright/story-28326979-detail/story.html

Archived