IGNORED

Today's Away Support

Tomo

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

They're seriously unhappy about only getting 1400 for the replay - should have about 3000 to be fair.

Is what it is for our rebuild though. I imagine quite a few this year would've brought at least 2500. Should be quite understandable. If it was next year they'd have 3-4000.

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

They're seriously unhappy about only getting 1400 for the replay - should have about 3000 to be fair.

There were 22,000 seats available for home fans yesterday at £10 and they weren't all sold. We will have around 14,000 available for us, which will sell out. Overall more WBA will have watched the tie than City fans. So, tough!

12 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Shame they didn't give us enough tickets, that stand was oversold without a doubt.

Probably not, the steward by us kept telling the blokes in the gangways to move to the front as there were empty seats availsble. Watching the highlights on TV last night he was right you could clearly see empty seats there

I'm a Telford fan and was at Ashton Gate when you beat us last season so thought I'd join your support yesterday and very impressive it was too,thoroughly enjoyed the day your support was outstanding and v v noisey just a shame you couldn't manage to hold on for the win,hopefully the replay will be televisied.

9 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Probably not, the steward by us kept telling the blokes in the gangways to move to the front as there were empty seats availsble. Watching the highlights on TV last night he was right you could clearly see empty seats there

Quite right. I heard the same conversations. 

The problem was caused by the "I'll stand where I want" brigade. Everyone knew it was a sell out but the usual suspects ignored this and stood where they wanted. This caused a knock on effect so that people who had tickets for that area had to try to find somewhere to sit. Not too difficult if it only one person, but not easy for groups. 

5 minutes ago, Bally said:

I'm a Telford fan and was at Ashton Gate when you beat us last season so thought I'd join your support yesterday and very impressive it was too,thoroughly enjoyed the day your support was outstanding and v v noisey just a shame you couldn't manage to hold on for the win,hopefully the replay will be televisied.

You picked a good 'un buddy!!  Fair play to you. Yesterday was right up there in terms of atmosphere, fantastic day all round. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not sure, I don't think the Atyeo will have its capacity increased any time soon anyway (planning permission, and just we don't need the extra seats yet). 

It's being increased at the end of the season I thought??

the bit where the tunnel is being filled in so about another 50ish seats!!

1 hour ago, Bally said:

Good on you.

You picked a good one to see.

It was a fantastic day for us and I hope you had a great time.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, they'll either have the partitioned Atyeo with home support there too - of if they look like selling 4K tickets they'll be given the top of the Williams.

Ridiculous, just give them the Atyeo, I hate the away fans being shoved away in a corner or up in the gods (Newcastle for instance).

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Already been decided, only if a team genuinely looks like selling the full 4-5k though. 

Where did you hear this from? In the fan stadium consultation meetings they club always said that the atyeo would be used for away fans only and the top tier of the west stand would only be used as an overflow as and when needed, apart from maybe Leeds or another big club I can't see when you would ever get more than 4000 away fans unless in the premier league and if that was the case you would easily be able to sell out the top tier with home fans anyway

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Not being funny but how can a club gauge how many tickets will sell until they actually start selling them, and by then the location will be on the ticket. Cant see that being true.

59 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Ridiculous, just give them the Atyeo, I hate the away fans being shoved away in a corner or up in the gods (Newcastle for instance).

14 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Where did you hear this from? In the fan stadium consultation meetings they club always said that the atyeo would be used for away fans only and the top tier of the west stand would only be used as an overflow as and when needed, apart from maybe Leeds or another big club I can't see when you would ever get more than 4000 away fans unless in the premier league and if that was the case you would easily be able to sell out the top tier with home fans anyway

I'm surprised there are so many people on here who don't know about this actually, there was a meeting in December/Late November where it was decided* (may not be best choice of words, not 100% sure if it's totally definite) that in usual circumstances the Atyeo stand would be home and away fans as per the % we have to give an away club. If there's a situation where a club could sell 4-5k (Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Leeds etc) in a cup competition where the % of tickets provided is higher, away fans will go in the top tier of the Williams stand. I'll dig out the thread on here. 

In my opinion it's a great decision, yesterday was testament to the impact a bank of partisan support can have. Away fans should not be able to impact the game and negate the home advantage, putting them high up in the gods is the most 'out the way' they can be.

edit-

Here's the notes on that particular issue from the meeting on Weds 3rd Dec

Brief notes from last nights meeting and present Bristol Sport members:

Executive Chairman: Martin Griffiths
Chief Executive: Andrew Billingham
Chief Stadium Operating Officer: Mark Kelly

If anything is missed or needs to be added then please do.

• - Atyeo can stay as it is going forwards
  • - Should we ever play Man Utd/Arsenal etc in the FA Cup they would all go to the top of the new West stand (where Williams was) that's room for 4100, Atyeo would become HOME fans only in that scenario.
  • - Offices, old gym and Kitchen etc are 'up for grabs' in the Atyeo with a pub/bar designed by fans and even made by fans if expertise in those areas are available to us being acceptable by the club.
  • - The club would be happy to knock walls through to create the 'shell' if you like.
  • - Fans memorabilia and art etc welcome within the pub/bar area and fans can design do the work.
  • - Exact size is unknown yet as some further rooms may be available to or may be needed for the groundsman or other departments.
  • - Club looking into an option of a walkway between our side of Atyeo and Dolman which would be covered from the weather a bit like the canvas cover at cribbs causeway vue cinema.
  • - Potential ticket office or tickets collection to be located outside Atyeo/Dolman corner.
  • - The pub/bar will be Bristol City fans, not Rugby (although they can use it) or Bristol Sport this pub would be decorated by and for BCFC fans.
  • - The pub/bar will be open throughout the game not just at half time and after.
  • - Security and access to be discussed in due course.
  • - Non-Atyeo season ticket holders ARE able to gain access to the pub/bar.
  • - Club have an open mind to imagery but some walls are party walls and so to discuss in more detail at a later date and also once redevelopment is completely, Dolman exterior is not finished and see how the weather cover fixes in between stands but not a closed door on carpark or wall images but not to be done at the moment..
  • -BS would staff the bar/pub
  • Atyeo stand will still have it's concourse as it is now with food and drink outlets so plenty of choice.

Please note these are all initial discussion points and this is not a formal agreement but the message was a positive one on a number of things, the flags etc can continue, we have an area to stick with, the bar looks a go-er. The bar will need a meeting on its own but the ball is in our court to discuss and propose ideas.

Mostly a yes from Bristol sport on things and open mind of further ideas..

Kind of what is in mind as a weather canvas cover between stands.

36 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm surprised there are so many people on here who don't know about this actually, there was a meeting in December/Late November where it was decided* (may not be best choice of words, not 100% sure if it's totally definite) that in usual circumstances the Atyeo stand would be home and away fans as per the % we have to give an away club. If there's a situation where a club could sell 4-5k (Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Leeds etc) in a cup competition where the % of tickets provided is higher, away fans will go in the top tier of the Williams stand. I'll dig out the thread on here. 

In my opinion it's a great decision, yesterday was testament to the impact a bank of partisan support can have. Away fans should not be able to impact the game and negate the home advantage, putting them high up in the gods is the most 'out the way' they can be.

I must admit I was unaware of this - I'm interested in how they propose to do this, the logistics of having away fans up there with 2 staircases at either end of the stand but needing to access the main downstairs concourse to get in seems like a bit of a potential for issues. I assume they would have to close off 2 of the access lobby's and run some kind of barrier to segregate the fans but the barrier would need to run down the thinnest part of the concourse for home fans to still be able to get access to the stuff they need. I have no idea what it would be like at the other end.

5672b7e957e89_MediaGround.png.7c0dc8eadd

So, the plan or suggestion is to house Man U, Arsenal fans if we get a big club with a big following in the cup, in the upper tier of the new stand, where there will be 4,100 seats, instead of the Atyeo, where there are 4 thousand 7 hundred seats (I think)? 

I don't think the Lansdowns and their vip friends will enjoy having 4,000 noisy, hostile fans from one of the likes of United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Leeds etc sat directly above them.

22 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

So, the plan or suggestion is to house Man U, Arsenal fans if we get a big club with a big following in the cup, in the upper tier of the new stand, where there will be 4,100 seats, instead of the Atyeo, where there are 4 thousand 7 hundred seats (I think)? 

I don't think the Lansdowns and their vip friends will enjoy having 4,000 noisy, hostile fans from one of the likes of United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Leeds etc sat directly above them.

Mad choice to use the upper tier. Maybe done to keep our 'ultra flag wavers' happy in the Atyeo?

Archived