IGNORED

George Moncur

Kingswoodactor

Been following this chap for a while now, and he's really impressed me with his form at Colchester this season. 22 years old, scored 9 league goals from centre midfield already, and has a good eye for a pass. Would slot in alongside Korey a treat, and could do well at Championship level IMO. 

I'm watching MOTD and also thought the same. Great first goal and a superb pass to set up the second. Looked impressive.

A note of caution though - Freeman was mighty impressive at that level last year, although admittedly without that sort of goalscoring record, and we've how seen much harder he's found things this year.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm watching MOTD and also thought the same. Great first goal and a superb pass to set up the second. Looked impressive.

A note of caution though - Freeman was mighty impressive at that level last year, although admittedly without that sort of goalscoring record, and we've how seen much harder he's found things this year.

It's his impressive goal tally from midfield that makes him so appealing. Maybe a cheaper option than Bradley Dack and the same age too...

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Good players not chaff 

I think there are a lot of 'good' players playing in League 1 who could step up to the next level no problem. Us much as we'd all like a Steve Sidwell or Leon Britton in our midfield until the end of the season, it's just not going to happen. 

The Dacks and Moncurs of this world are exactly the type of players we should be looking at. 

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I think there are a lot of 'good' players playing in League 1 who could step up to the next level no problem. Us much as we'd all like a Steve Sidwell or Leon Britton in our midfield until the end of the season, it's just not going to happen. 

The Dacks and Moncurs of this world are exactly the type of players we should be looking at. 

Didn't we have pretty much the best players in league 1 last season,to expect the players your saying to come in and keep us up is pushing it a bit 

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Didn't we have pretty much the best players in league 1 last season,to expect the players your saying to come in and keep us up is pushing it a bit 

We need quality, but we also need numbers; and fast. 

So I take it you're annoyed by us chasing a talented 20 year old from Bolton for 3 million, and doubly annoyed that we've just signed an unknown from the French 3rd division?

Any loan players we're going to bring in from other top end Champ or even Prem teams are going to be (let's face it) scraps from the kitchen table so to speak. 

We must look to signings from the teams around us in the Champ, as well as to the cream of league 1. 

6 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

We need quality, but we also need numbers; and fast. 

So I take it you're annoyed by us chasing a talented 20 year old from Bolton for 3 million, and doubly annoyed that we've just signed an unknown from the French 3rd division?

Any loan players we're going to bring in from other top end Champ or even Prem teams are going to be (let's face it) scraps from the kitchen table so to speak. 

We must look to signings from the teams around us in the Champ, as well as to the cream of league 1. 

Um no,I never said that,although 3 million yes well over the odds but if that what it takes,signing numbers fast and quick as you put it is a recipe for disaster,got to be the right players 

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No. We had the best team in the division last year. Doesn't necessarily mean we had all the best players. 

There is probably a player in every position that is as good or better than we had last year. They just didn't all play for the same team. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

No. We had the best team in the division last year. Doesn't necessarily mean we had all the best players. 

There is probably a player in every position that is as good or better than we had last year. They just didn't all play for the same team. 

Granted,but why are these players still playing in league 1,why is the  otib scouting team rating them and managers actually in the game not interested 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Um no,I never said that,although 3 million yes well over the odds but if that what it takes,signing numbers fast and quick as you put it is a recipe for disaster,got to be the right players 

When you're in the relegation zone of the 2nd tier of English football, have a 1st team squad of around 14-15 players on the 10th of January; and with a manager who perhaps appears unattractive to other players outside of BCFC, whom or what are the 'right players'? 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Granted,but why are these players still playing in league 1,why is the  otib scouting team rating them and managers actually in the game not interested 

There's plenty of interest. A number of league 1 & 2 players will sign for higher clubs this January, as they did last summer, as they will this summer. 

24 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

When you're in the relegation zone of the 2nd tier of English football, have a 1st team squad of around 14-15 players on the 10th of January; and with a manager who perhaps appears unattractive to other players outside of BCFC, whom or what are the 'right players'? 

To be fair on the 'attractiveness' issue, it would'nt exactly kill Cotts to drag a comb through his hair a bit more often. ;)

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Been following this chap for a while now, and he's really impressed me with his form at Colchester this season. 22 years old, scored 9 league goals from centre midfield already, and has a good eye for a pass. Would slot in alongside Korey a treat, and could do well at Championship level IMO. 

Out of interest (and you may well have done) have you, having "been following him for a while" suggested that he should be on our radar before now, or only since you've seen him tonight on MOTD..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Out of interest (and you may well have done) have you, having "been following him for a while" suggested that he should be on our radar before now, or only since you've seen him tonight on MOTD..? 

Don't be silly,he has been following him all season,it's pure coincidence he started a thread on fa  cup day

He does look good in the highlights. Also that Mantom from Walsall. Lovely finish today and rated decently I believe. Moncur would be worth a bid as they're also in a relegation battle. A move to us would guarantee at least L1 next year. Though with a few in I think we could be safe quite easily. The replay is tough though as it means WBA away, Preston H, Boro H, WBA H and Leeds away all in 2 weeks. Tough for such a small squad. 

29 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He does look good in the highlights. Also that Mantom from Walsall. Lovely finish today and rated decently I believe. Moncur would be worth a bid as they're also in a relegation battle. A move to us would guarantee at least L1 next year. Though with a few in I think we could be safe quite easily. The replay is tough though as it means WBA away, Preston H, Boro H, WBA H and Leeds away all in 2 weeks. Tough for such a small squad. 

Without doubt he would join their  relegation battle for ours,who's this mantom?

Archived