IGNORED

Max O'Leary

I am the mole

Although I'm delighted for him personally I think it would be madness for him to start in such a crucial game, and having 2 keepers in the squad without a single league appearance between them, (if Wollocott is a sub) would be a massive gamble.

In the grand scheme of things the FA cup game really didn't matter, whereas Tuesday does.

Boring as it is, we need to bring someone in on loan.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Although I'm delighted for him personally I think it would be madness for him to start in such a crucial game, and having 2 keepers in the squad without a single league appearance between them, (if Wollocott is a sub) would be a massive gamble.

In the grand scheme of things the FA cup game really didn't matter, whereas Tuesday does.

Boring as it is, we need to bring someone in on loan.

While I agree to a point, every keeper has to start somewhere. Tuesday is a massive game and I would prefer someone with more experience in goal, but there is every chance we could come away from the game thinking we have something special on our hands.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

While I agree to a point, every keeper has to start somewhere. Tuesday is a massive game and I would prefer someone with more experience in goal, but there is every chance we could come away from the game thinking we have something special on our hands.

I think it's also important to point out that Max will have a good rapport with the defence, he'll know how they play. So even if we did bring in another keeper, there is the risk of miscommunication still.

3 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

I may be wrong, but wasn't Elliot Parish very young and he started a large amount of games when he was here. I do think we need another keeper in the window, but if Max does start on Tuesday I for one will be happy for him, making his home debut.

Parish was 23 then, with some previous first team experience on loan, so not quite the same.

You take 3 keepers to a month-long World Cup. Why on earth we thought it was OK to run with 2 for a season is beyond me. Yes, we can loan in, but it's a last-minute headache you can easily avoid if you assemble your squad responsibly in the first place. In fact that's an issue that extends beyond just the goalkeepers!

I thought Cotterill could have said a few kinder things about Max in the interview post match. Surely it was a chance to boost the lads confidence. He might be starting against PNE. When asked if he would be happy to pick him for the game, he said I won't have a choice 

And asked how did he do he said he would have been happier if he stopped the goals.A ringing endorsement all round.

15 minutes ago, hortonred said:

I thought Cotterill could have said a few kinder things about Max in the interview post match. Surely it was a chance to boost the lads confidence. He might be starting against PNE. When asked if he would be happy to pick him for the game, he said I won't have a choice 

And asked how did he do he said he would have been happier if he stopped the goals.A ringing endorsement all round.

I think Cotts has confidence in Max or he would n't have had him on the subs bench .

Goalkeepers are perhaps the easiest to find and sign .

The last comment was a little joke not at all malicious there you are stirring it .

It seems to me that having a youngster in goal brought out the best in our defenders, who were determined to protect him as much as they could. I thought he kicked well, didn't really make any saves and looked a bit reluctant to come for crosses. Where have I seen that before? 

Archived