IGNORED

Bloody BBC..

formerly known as ivan

Taken from their gossip column which I used to enjoy reading until now...

WBO intercontinental middleweight champion and West Brom fan Tommy Langford took his belt along to be photographed with several Baggies players - including Chris Brunt - at the FA Cup tie with Bristol Rovers. Langford fights Lewis Taylor for the vacant Commonwealth title at the Echo Arena in Liverpool next month.

File along with the BBC Final Score reporter telling us that Frankie Field had not had much to do in the second half, completely failed to notice the substitution, or the studio going on about how Pulis used to play for the Gas when his managerial stint at City was much more relevant.

Or ...........

How about this from the Birmingham Mail:

birmingham-mail.jpg

37 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

File along with the BBC Final Score reporter telling us that Frankie Field had not had much to do in the second half, completely failed to notice the substitution, or the studio going on about how Pulis used to play for the Gas when his managerial stint at City was much more relevant.

Or ...........

birmingham-mail.jpg

That's brilliant considering Bournemouth actually beat Birmingham!!!

47 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Or ...........

birmingham-mail.jpg

Jouno must have been out on a bender with Shlockhousen !

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

Or ...........

birmingham-mail.jpg

In fairness, how many people in the crowd knew that Frankie had been replaced? I never knew until half way home.

Am I the only one who quite likes coming across these harmless little media/press f ** k up's?

They don't really matter but they usually bring a little amusement to otherwise instantly forgotten or overlooked reports.

Its the balls up's in life that get noticed, when I worked in butchers shops we sometimes (accidently on porpoise) used to put the odd poster upside down in the window..... amazing how many people came in to point out the 'mistake' and ended up buying something! 

(not sure how Pienaar felt last night when Lawrenson called him 'penis' on MOTD though :))

.....and  Sky Sports said yesterday that 'Bristol City's last seven FA Cup exits have been against premier league sides'

How shoddy is that?! Crawley, Pompey, Blackburn, Watford, Cardiff (off the top of my head) all non prem teams who have knocked us out in the last seven years?

In this day and age it is so easy to check facts if you work in the media...

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Am I the only one who quite likes coming across these harmless little media/press f ** k up's?

They don't really matter but they usually bring a little amusement to otherwise instantly forgotten or overlooked reports.

Its the balls up's in life that get noticed, when I worked in butchers shops we sometimes (accidently on porpoise) used to put the odd poster upside down in the window..... amazing how many people came in to point out the 'mistake' and ended up buying something! 

(not sure how Pienaar felt last night when Lawrenson called him 'penis' on MOTD though :))

Yeah but fancy David Cameron, a supposed life long Villan saying he'd rather people support West Brom....... 

3 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Or ...........

birmingham-mail.jpg

I think it was the Mirror back in 1986 that reported Bristol Rovers had beaten Bolton 3-0 in the Freight Rover Trophy Final at Wembley...

2 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What annoys me is the fact that they used radio commentary to go with the TV pictures last night, very poor.

Then again, if all the freeloaders paid their license fee instead of watching BBC iPlayer for free, perhaps they could afford proper commentary.

Pay up or the BBC will turn into Channel 5.  

Alright, calm down a bit, if the Beeb stopped wasting money on minority channels and stations hardly anybody listens or views then they could actually cover sport properly. 

2 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What annoys me is the fact that they used radio commentary to go with the TV pictures last night, very poor.

Then again, if all the freeloaders paid their license fee instead of watching BBC iPlayer for free, perhaps they could afford proper commentary.

Pay up or the BBC will turn into Channel 5.  

Or maybe they could put the money into it rather than fat cats at the top and people who don't need it, just maybe hey ;-) 

32 minutes ago, Eynsham Red said:

Ha!  I've totally confused this!  I got it into my head that BRR may have been bluffing me in that he didn't know I was messing about, although God knows how I came to that conclusion.

I'll sign out now.

Archived