IGNORED

Premium Yesterday. Letter To Media

REDOXO

Dear Sir

For the umpteenth time this weekend the match commentary was unobtainable at kick off, particularly for those of us in North America. This time the words 'no match is scheduled at this time' were emblazoned on Premium at kick off, which forced me yet again to contact the club through the twitter text commentary to get it sorted out. It was at Half Time when it was!

Since whom ever made the decision to only start commentary at KO time the position has got much worse as there is no time to alert the club, premium, radio Bristol etc it seems until HT and here in lies the LATEST issue. Start it up earlier and give us all time to tell you that it does not work if you are unable to manage issues and contact can be made to whomever needs to know BEFORE KICK OFF!

Premium/world issues have been ongoing for as long as anyone can remember. in fact I remember the promotion season under GJ and there was no commentary until HT the day we were promoted and this problem persists.

It seems on matchday someone from either Radio Bristol, Bristol City or Premium continually fails to do their job, which has now brought me to having mention it on Radio Bristol as I was requested to give an interview after match.

Furthermore often City supporters across the globe of which there are many have to tune to the opposition commentary as ours does not work and so again in lies the obvious conclusion that the constant problems are local (BCFC/Radio Briz) and not the supplier which I am sure will be suggested.

Either way I am now pretty hacked off....If the reader is not able to assist and give me assurances you will do better in future and you will monitor the ongoing ineptitude of some one inside the club or some external supplier (Radio Briz/Premium), please pass this forward to someone who can!

Many Thanks for your help

Every sympathy with you on this. The FL bans the commentary on the Net and then refuses to ensure that their paid-for system works :( 

The evidence suggests that the problem is either with BCFC or Radio Bristol, but neither seems to be remotely interested in fixing it. Starting the broadcast at KO time saves a few pence, but is obviously a recipe for disaster. 

I gave up on Player years ago but, for those outside the UK, there's no alternative. Wish you all the best, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

59 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Every sympathy with you on this. The FL bans the commentary on the Net and then refuses to ensure that their paid-for system works :( 

The evidence suggests that the problem is either with BCFC or Radio Bristol, but neither seems to be remotely interested in fixing it. Starting the broadcast at KO time saves a few pence, but is obviously a recipe for disaster. 

I gave up on Player years ago but, for those outside the UK, there's no alternative. Wish you all the best, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

Thanks Zooner. Yesterday was bloody unforgivable and left me trying to download dodgy software to remote into Radio Brizz. No one will take responsibility I know but I am now so hacked off with ineptitude I will harass the club every week until they are completely hacked off as it appears the only way! See you Tuesday!?

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks Zooner. Yesterday was bloody unforgivable and left me trying to download dodgy software to remote into Radio Brizz. No one will take responsibility I know but I am now so hacked off with ineptitude I will harass the club every week until they are completely hacked off as it appears the only way! See you Tuesday!?

Tuesday is my 70th, oxo, and I shall be celebrating it in lovely St Ives with my wife and my hedgehog. May miss the chat room but COYR!!

Archived