IGNORED

Cardiff v Shrewsbury

phantom

7 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

A glimpse of the future. Cardiff vs Shrewsbury Town in league two in front of 4 thousand in an empty stadium!

When Cardiff were in the Fourth Div, they weren't getting 4000. Great crowd when things are going well, more than us probably; deserters when things are dismal, less than us. Rovers and Swansea more loyal than Cardiff too, in the lowest league. The stats are there for all to see. Can't argue with them.

18 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Now I hate Cardiff as much as the next man but let's not kid ourselves we would have had many more than say 6k for a rubbish game just after Xmas that's being played at 18.00 on a Sunday night!!!

But we did have more at the foot of the Fourth 30 odd years ago. No need to kid ourselves about that

38 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Great result Shrews! 

My second club after living there for twelve years in 1980/1990's.

Absolutely! My 10 year old lad was born there and it's his team so he's well made up! He's been to City games with me in the past but how ever hard I try I can't convert him.....although sometimes I can understand why! :-D

Just now, JustinCider said:

Absolutely! My 10 year old lad was born there and it's his team so he's well made up! He's been to City games with me in the past but how ever hard I try I can't convert him.....although sometimes I can understand why! :-D

Don`t try. It`s great that he supports them like that and hasn`t been sucked in by the prem. Fair play to him and it`s a great pity he`s almost certainly in a tiny minority of kids from there who actually support them.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t try. It`s great that he supports them like that and hasn`t been sucked in by the prem. Fair play to him and it`s a great pity he`s almost certainly in a tiny minority of kids from there who actually support them.

You're right Red. It's funny as he was only a baby really when he moved to a place between Burnley and Rochdale. When he started going to Primary school I was so worried he'd up a Manure or a Citeh fan but he's decided that Shrewsbury is his team, so good on him. I'm not out of the woods yet though as my daughter was born in Burnley! 

Archived