IGNORED

FREEMAN

kiwicolin

Got to be a wind-up, "Dill the Dog" has poor game reading ability, which is so obvious given his habit of trying to beat every player and missing opportunities for simple passes.....would be well out of his depth in the prem, but a swap for a decent creative midfield would be good!

I've seen signs since Hull at home that he is beginning to find his feet at this level.  Not saying he's been great but starting to see flashes of last seasons form.

He is playing in a notoriously difficult position (in the hole) where you get so little time and space, and often coming up a defensive midfielder who are so much better at 'spoiling' at this level.

Two assists yesterday, and I know it's about time....but allow him time to keep improving.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I've seen signs since Hull at home that he is beginning to find his feet at this level.  Not saying he's been great but starting to see flashes of last seasons form.

He is playing in a notoriously difficult position (in the hole) where you get so little time and space, and often coming up a defensive midfielder who are so much better at 'spoiling' at this level.

Two assists yesterday, and I know it's about time....but allow him time to keep improving.

West Brom fans I spoke to after the game were all very complimentary about Freeman

7 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

deffo improved the last 5 games but still more required and he needs to add goals to his game. brilliant delivery though for kodjia's goal yesterday from a difficult position. 

Yeah, agree.  That free-kick position had either;

- hit the first man or

- hit it too hard and over the far post man

written all over it!

Kodjia just gives his marker a little nudge to give him that fraction of space he needed to get his header in.

19 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Has not had the freedom of last year, but he is usually up against 2 players due to our system of 3 in the middle (against normally 4). As he was our prime outlet last season, teams double up on him to stop supply.  Result is that he seems and is far less effective. It has taken him time to get to terms with that.  His major weakness is shooting, he needs goals in his game. Has poor composure in front of goal. 

Can only agree with the bit about shooting, when I see him lining up a shot I don't feel confident about it hitting the target let alone scoring, problem is I feel similar about most of our players if they aren't in the area.

He was completely magic last year, but has not been as consistently effective at this level.

Hopefully the second half of this season he can kick on and really show what he can do.

I do think that it would be a surprise if anyone at a higher level saw him as an option right now, though.

10 hours ago, Spoons said:

surely want to keep freeman to play / compete with clough(if he signs?) . Squad to small to sell anyone.

tough season so far for freeman but he will learn lots from it and next season will be a better one I'm sure, just hopefully that's in championship

Is he joining Wolves then?

There's no way we will be selling any players at the moment with such a small squad. Freeman's only into the second year of his deal, I'm sure it was for at least 3 so there's no pressure to sell. Other clubs (and Cotts I'm sure) realise he has the skills to improve, is definitely good enough for the Championship and possibly Prem in the future, still young and has moved up to this level quickly from Stevenage, needs more time to adjust. 

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Is he joining Wolves then?

I know as much as you, got a feeling we might just get this deal for clough done today. As for freeman, like the whole team, adapting from league 1 to championship has been hard. Also think SC persistent in playing a player out of form and not resting / dropping LF hasn't helped him.

Archived