IGNORED

Cup Omen from 1974

ashton_fan

The oldies like me will remember one of our best Cup runs in relatively recent years was when we beat Leeds (who were unbeaten in all comps and top fo Div 1 at the time) in the 5th round after a replay at Elland Road which had to be played on a Tuesday afternoon because of strike action by electricity workers (it was still sold out and people left outside because the ground was full), the first game had been featured on MOTD. The next game after that replay on the following Saturday was away to West Brom in the league and of course thousands went up on the back of the cup performances. I remember it was a good game, the result? 2-2

48 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The oldies like me will remember one of our best Cup runs in relatively recent years was when we beat Leeds (who were unbeaten in all comps and top fo Div 1 at the time) in the 5th round after a replay at Elland Road which had to be played on a Tuesday afternoon because of strike action by electricity workers (it was still sold out and people left outside because the ground was full), the first game had been featured on MOTD. The next game after that replay on the following Saturday was away to West Brom in the league and of course thousands went up on the back of the cup performances. I remember it was a good game, the result? 2-2

Donnie Gillies wouldn't have been on £37 (or £42) a week back then, would he?

Archived