IGNORED

Bolton into Admin within 48 hrs

old_eastender

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I thought they needed our cash to go into administration and avoid folding altogether. 

I think we should be able to show some compassion towards the fans of Bolton.  They are the ones who will be hurt most by this.  The gambles taken and very poor judgement by the people in charge of the club should be held accountable and not just be able to walk away.  

We were in a position not too dissimilar to the one Bolton fans find themselves in once upon a time and thankfully we were able to continue, I for one hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel for the Bolton fans.  (The real fans, the ones who turn up now.  Not the hangers on that jumped on the bandwagon when they were in the prem, those plastic types will be supporting Man U, Citeh or Chelsea once again now.)

Saying that, i'd love to see Clough in a red shirt.

Much is made of the huge Bolton debt. The vast majority, 180m or do, is owed to their long standing funder, who has agreed to write it all off, if a takeover can be agreed. Still for me just about in the bounds of possibility they can save themselves. 

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Why are we number 2? And why are Arsenal not number 1... tear up tradition and call it The bla bla FA Cup next... shameful.

Home to Posh. 

3rd round the prem and championship clubs are in alphabetical order. 4th round onwards the number a club is the tie number from previous round. Eg we were the 2nd tie in the 3rd round drawn. 

1 hour ago, howey_ducky said:

I think we should be able to show some compassion towards the fans of Bolton.  They are the ones who will be hurt most by this.  The gambles taken and very poor judgement by the people in charge of the club should be held accountable and not just be able to walk away.  

We were in a position not too dissimilar to the one Bolton fans find themselves in once upon a time and thankfully we were able to continue, I for one hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel for the Bolton fans.  (The real fans, the ones who turn up now.  Not the hangers on that jumped on the bandwagon when they were in the prem, those plastic types will be supporting Man U, Citeh or Chelsea once again now.)

Saying that, i'd love to see Clough in a red shirt.

and when we stay up I will express deep andheartffelt  regret at their plight, I will chastise the (ex) owners for their shoddy running of a great old football club ....... until that time we stay up, stuff 'em !

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They could do with selling some players....

That is why you are the Day Today's top economic correspondent

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

and when we stay up I will express deep andheartffelt  regret at their plight, I will chastise the (ex) owners for their shoddy running of a great old football club ....... until that time we stay up, stuff 'em !

That is why you are the Day Today's top economic correspondent

You assume we will stay up.  I think we should be thankful that we have a football club and not worry about which division we're in.

Archived