IGNORED

Fifa World XI 2015

P'head Red

54 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Not a single player from the PL,  frustrating seeing that it's obviously the hardest league & multiple 'stars' (Di Maria, Schweinsteigerr, etc) have failed to break into it.

So who would get into the best team in the world then?  If he were 100% fit and playing all the time I might consider Kompany but apart from that no one comes close.  It's the most gruelling league certainly but it takes more to win La Liga clearly.

What gets me about these world XI's is the defence.  For example, if you gave me a choice between Diego Godin and Sergio Ramos as a centre half, it would take me a nano second to choose Godin.  He plays for the less glamourous side though.

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

So who would get into the best team in the world then?  If he were 100% fit and playing all the time I might consider Kompany but apart from that no one comes close.  It's the most gruelling league certainly but it takes more to win La Liga clearly.

What gets me about these world XI's is the defence.  For example, if you gave me a choice between Diego Godin and Sergio Ramos as a centre half, it would take me a nano second to choose Godin.  He plays for the less glamourous side though.

De Gea, Bellerin, Van Dijk, Ozil, David Silva off the top of my head? Obviously the top 3 are untouchable, suprised to see no Bale/Saurez.

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

De Gea, Bellerin, Van Dijk, Ozil, David Silva off the top of my head? Obviously the top 3 are untouchable, suprised to see no Bale/Saurez.

De Gea is close but the others are all second division in World XI terms.  

Van Dijk spent most of the year marking the likes of David Clarkson - be serious.  Bellerin?  You must be an Arsenal fan he's not even the best RB in the Premier League.

Archived