IGNORED

Answer the phone

gordie

I went to order my WBA tickets online yesterday but because the guy I go with is disabled we can't do it online and have to phone the club, no problem I thought to myself as everyone will be buying online will get straight through, well 45 minutes yesterday and no good and so far another 25 at the moment with that god dam awful music and not even giving you a queue number to give you an idea of how long your going to be, it really shouldn't be this hard just to buy a ticket. Does anyone know if you can buy the tickets at the ground tonight or not

8 minutes ago, gordie said:

I went to order my WBA tickets online yesterday but because the guy I go with is disabled we can't do it online and have to phone the club, no problem I thought to myself as everyone will be buying online will get straight through, well 45 minutes yesterday and no good and so far another 25 at the moment with that god dam awful music and not even giving you a queue number to give you an idea of how long your going to be, it really shouldn't be this hard just to buy a ticket. Does anyone know if you can buy the tickets at the ground tonight or not

Hmmm. I've had this experience in the past. After 3 days. I gave up and drove the 2 hours to Ashton Gate. 

Gordie - try posting a question / feedback on your problems in the Q&A section of the forum. There are some similar questions but nothing specific about telephones. It won't help you with WBA tickets but might result in an improvement in the future. 

The club have been particularly poor in this respect recently.  I don't like bashing the club and appreciate it's difficult to plan for when the lines are busy, but when it's so often over 20 minutes to get through you have to think it's an issue their side rather than simply bad luck in calling at busy times.

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Pray to God that they install more phone lines next season, or please sell tickets at the ground.... I've tried to call a few times this year and couldn't get through.

If you get through and are waiting in a queue then there are enough phone lines you are just waiting for someone to answer your call. Bums on seats appears to be the problem at high volume of calls time or, the process involved when answereing a call takes to long.

Guess there is a reluctance to incur additional costs when the demand for telephone contact increases and it is being dealt with by normal staffing levels.

24 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

If you get through and are waiting in a queue then there are enough phone lines you are just waiting for someone to answer your call. Bums on seats appears to be the problem at high volume of calls time or, the process involved when answereing a call takes to long.

Guess there is a reluctance to incur additional costs when the demand for telephone contact increases and it is being dealt with by normal staffing levels.

Wonder how many people they have working down there answering the ticket lines?

I think maybe they just let staff be on leave etc and didn't even consider we might be selling replay tickets yesterday. 

And I do think it's completely ridiculous that you can collect tickets from the ground but can't buy them there. What was wrong with the old system where you could buy them from the shop if the ticket offices weren't open on non match days. This is definitely a huge step backwards. Ok most people have technology now, but some or perhaps older people might not. Or if you have any queries it's nice to have contact with a human.

Maybe as well as walking the concourses on matchday the staff could attempt to buy a ticket as part of the 'customer experience' too.

Either staff the phones or get the shop to sell. The shop staff can't be too busy during the week surely?

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Pray to God that they install more phone lines next season, or please sell tickets at the ground.... I've tried to call a few times this year and couldn't get through.

Installing more phonelines only works when you have someone at the other end of them

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Installing more phonelines only works when you have someone at the other end of them

They could use me on their phones.  I never pick up my landline, I just huff and whinge "ohhhhh, who is it calling me now, can't it wait?"

2 hours ago, gordie said:

It really isn't on that a that buying tickets for a disabled person is any harder than anyone else

Yep, it's a nightmare, so in the past I've rang up the away club (if playing away) and in most cases they've been extremely helpful, City on the other hand hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

I'm not sure if Jane Maggs has left her position but in days gone by she sorted anything and everything ticket wise, an absolute treasure to the club and a lovely lady with it.

Thanks for your replies guys, I did eventually get through after almost 2 hrs total time trying, the girl said they didn't have the facility to deal with disabled and carer on the system which I find hard to take especially as they were reserved. Anyway I fired an email off to David Lloyd about my concerns and he replied ( within 10 mins by the way.... Good service) and here is his reply

Thanks for your email.

I’m glad you managed to get through eventually, but I do take your point about the difficulty of getting disabled tickets at periods of high demand. I will take this up with our ticketing staff and see if we can come up with a solution to make it easier for you in future.

Regards

David Lloyd 
Supporter Liaison

so watch this space next time and see if anything has changed

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

The thing is if you are in a queue and it tells you what number you are at least you have sn idea if you are going to be waiting a while but all I got was that ****in music

1 hour ago, gordie said:

The thing is if you are in a queue and it tells you what number you are at least you have sn idea if you are going to be waiting a while but all I got was that ****in music

To provide this kind of service requires a phone system with a little more sophistication. So guess it is down to costs as I have already eluded to. Hopefully when the stadium is completed and Bristol Sport can move in lock stock and barrel all the IT systems will be changed / upgraded to be all singing and dancing.

We live in hope.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

To provide this kind of service requires a phone system with a little more sophistication. So guess it is down to costs as I have already eluded to. Hopefully when the stadium is completed and Bristol Sport can move in lock stock and barrel all the IT systems will be changed / upgraded to be all singing and dancing.

We live in hope.

They promised us all that the summer just gone !

Archived