IGNORED

Fightin talk...

Will Rollason

SC from main site,

“" I know we are where we are in the league but we’ve got plenty of fight in us, plenty of spirit, a new ground to look forward to – although that’s not in the forefront of my mind now. 
Clubs might have more money than us, might have more fans than us, a bigger ground than us, but they may not have what we’ve got at our heartbeat. 
The club is together, as one, and it has to fight together. We are focused and tough.” 

Don't know if anyone else picked this up? Seems to have taken inspiration from Churchill, and others , with the repetition just needs to reach a crescendo at the end and maybe tack on "we will never surrender":chant6ez:

From what I've seen this season we haven't wanted for fight and we've tried to play decent football,  said before that we/ I've watched city play absolute garbage for years on end and we finally have a team and manager that wants to play...good on him and heres hoping we get on a little run and get ourselves established in this league

you reds.

79e2ee186194a3726fc8bd67656022f1.jpg

This is the reason I am reluctant to turn my back on SC. For his bullshit quote, late-sub making, stubborn formation (not necessarily the wrong move) faults, he has the team playing for him. It's difficult to remember objectively how things were in the past to how they are now. In 2013, we went down playing worse football than we are now, with undoubted quality in our squad (Davies, Baldock, Skuse, Heaton, Adomah...) but not showing it because the fight just wasn't there.

What SC has built over the past two years has been a squad which is a tight-knit unit. I have had vague connections with the squad at various times since he's been in charge and the general consensus is it's a good group to be a part of, whereas in the latter days of our last Championship campaign there were more than a couple of rotten apples.

If the players didn't believe in his philosophy, they wouldn't play for him. They're not stupid. And they are definitely putting their all into playing for him, if nothing else. And while he's got their backing, I don't see how you can pull the plug.

Archived