IGNORED

Why won't these players join?

KeepUpLino

On 12 January 2016 at 18:59, Cowshed said:

Bristol City's income is less than the overwhelming majority of the division, which obviously makes it impractical for a already loss making club like Bristol City to compete on a level footing. It is ridiculous to overlook what are facts, not opinions.

Schoolboy error Cowshed.

You should know by now that there is no place for facts on this forum.

Whilst geography is not the sole reason, it is part of the equation ... as people have said, whilst it's only circa 100 miles from West London but it not just about distance/mileage. If you add in the other bits around history, current position e.t.c. then the sumation of the parts give you potential answer's. 

As someone who went away from Bristol for 12 years to London and then came back to the West Country, I can see the positive strides Bristol has made ... however, apart from the people who may have visited in more recent times, the perception dates back further than this and therefore a difficult one to shift quickly. 

Don't think there is an easy answer here, but success on the pitch and the right people 'selling' the club and Bristol itself may in bitesize chunks start to change that opinion some people have of Bristol (and in fact the whole of the West Country and further down to the South West).

COYR!!!!!!

On 12 January 2016 at 23:05, Chairman Mao said:

a manager who won't change his tactics

a team that will be playing league 1 next year

1 win since November 3rd

hmm I wonder why players won't come

On 12 January 2016 at 23:09, Ray White said:

Would you like to be managed by an arrogant cnt

So what is this weeks excuse?.

10 minutes ago, Roberto Carlos 75 said:

Cardiff and Swansea don't seem to have an issue with geography though

Cardiff is a capital, people see it as such...Swansea have been in PL few years now. Again my examples maybe totally unrepresentative I dunno.

However the number of people I know who have been on trips to Cardiff, or Bath or both...but Bristol just doesn't register with them. Perception is reality. Swansea is harder sell, PL football aside.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cardiff is a capital, people see it as such...Swansea have been in PL few years now. Again my examples maybe totally unrepresentative I dunno.

However the number of people I know who have been on trips to Cardiff, or Bath or both...but Bristol just doesn't register with them. Perception is reality. Swansea is harder sell, PL football aside.

Maybe the news that house prices in Bristol are set to rise steeply in 2016 might help.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 20:48, BS4 on Tour... said:

I see Alex Neill has today had to deny that Norwich are failing to attract players due to geography....

Norwich have a good history of signing players from London clubs ,notably Spurs . I suggest their relative failing is more down to their league position than geography .

Norwich is a fantastic place to live , a great club ,good facilities and just 2 hours from London .

Archived