IGNORED

Winner Wilson To Bounce Back

tompo

Quote from Brian Jones:

"Brighton didn't win the game in my view: they prevailed because of a dubious penalty award."

Yes, Brian, and defeat is not a failure.

So, a psychologist who's in denial. Perhaps he needs to see a psychologist.

Guest otibforever

Let's not look back, let's look forwards.

Yes, we had one of the best squads of players outside of the Premiership last season, we just didn't use them effectively enough and, as always, suffered with injuries etc, and it seems the only thing people remember from last season is the play-off final, but the following season is coming up so let's look at that now.

cannot argue with what he said, apart from his claim that the Brighton pen was "dubiuos". I hate to say it but "I think not!!". yep the guy made a meal at of it, but colesy did give him a good kick... it was a pretty clear pen to me and everyone else I have spoken to since

The penalty might have be 'dubious' but that's what won them the game. We could have played them off the park. Wave after wave of attractive attacking football.But unless the ball goes in the net, Mr Jones, it all counts for nothing. we get nothing for great football, only goals count. Call yourself a sports psychologist, huh?

I don't know what was said in your 'presentation' the evening before, but I reckon I could have prepared the players better! :D

Guest otibforever

According to the rules, it wasn't a penalty, Danny Coles was looking at the ball and clearly attempting to clear the ball, not kick the player, why would he want to boot a player in the box in a vital play-off final? I'm only going by the rules here, it wasn't a penalty, it wasn't deliberate. But that's past and we can't change it, so let's go up in style this season instead eh :D

According to the rules, it wasn't a penalty, Danny Coles was looking at the ball and clearly attempting to clear the ball, not kick the player, why would he want to boot a player in the box in a vital play-off final? I'm only going by the rules here, it wasn't a penalty, it wasn't deliberate. But that's past and we can't change it, so let's go up in style this season instead eh :D
oh come on, I wish you were right, but whatever he meant to do, he ended up kicking their lacky crap striker and he fell over like he had been shot!!!

it you kick or trip a player in the box it is a pen in my rule book.

Guest otibforever

Well basically, the rules are, if it wasn't deliberte it isn't a penalty, as simple as that, I can't see why he'd purposely boot a player in the box at the end of a game so important, he was looking at the ball, it wasn't a penalty. But anyway, next season, let's not mess about with those bloody play-offs eh :D

But last season our players were kicked and fell over in the box, yet no league Pens. How can that be?:D:D
Us and Blackburn were the only sides in the country not to have a League penalty ALL season..... its a fix!! :@

Yes i agree witht he rules stating it wasnt a penalty but it is like deliberate ahndball, if the ball its you hand on the line and you dont mean it it aint a penalty- however all this talk of it not being a penalty is sour grapes we arnt and wernt good enough to go up. the performance was a disgrace we didnt deserve to win and to be quite frank we played as if we didnt care

It was a penalty, even if you do try to twist the ruling to mean something all of us know full well it does not.

Coles made a deliberate attempt to get the ball, didn't and took iwelumo out, so therefore he deliberately took iwelumo out, because he failed miserably to get the ball. He also denied a clear goalscoring opportuity. How many more reasons would you like as to why under the rules it was a cast iron pen :D

Always a silly rule.

Technically, any penalty has to 'deliberate'. I would bet by bottom dollar that 90% of the time when a forward is tripped in the box, the defender did not mean to. Why would they?

However, when we look at the slow motion replays, all we look at is did he catch the forward, or did he get the ball. I suppose, the rule really ought to be more obective than subjective really. But by my standards, a cast iron penalty.

Yep , just what i was thinking? What makes wilson a winner?? :D:D
Shoot me down in flames.

Can't be bothered to find the stats but I think you will find that as manager at City he (the team) won more games than he lost. Also won a trophy under him.

Archived