IGNORED

Referee

David Brent

The ref was absolutely awful. I totally agree with that, his lack of consistency in decisions was mind boggling. 

However the second goal was not his fault, so he missed the hand ball, that is no reason for Flint to go straight through the back of Robinson as if to make a point due to him leaving us. Or a reason for the free kick which was awful to be headed out for a corner. Or a reason for BR to lose Cunningham at the back stick. Or a reason for nobody to be on the post. Or a reason we didn't defend the corner better.

A lot happened after that hand ball. Poor individual mistakes cost us and keep costing us. Always easy to blame the ref

5 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

I still say that the linesman on the dugout side are getting an easy ride this season.

Had there been a fervent home support behind him i am pretty certain he would have flagged it.

In the linesman's defence, Cotts said he gave a handball but the referee over ruled him. 

The linesman on the dugout side took plenty of stick from that corner of the south stand when he came back up this end after the hand ball incident. Looked quite annoyed and kept pointing to his microphone he can talk to the ref with and shaking his head. Judging by what SC said in his interview I would guess that he indicated handball to the ref who overruled him and never gave it. Still, no sympathy from me, put your flag up instead of chatting about it. 

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

But surely getting players in arm-locks and wrestling them to the floor is illegal?

I think strictly speaking that is a foul.

I am no legal expert, but for it to be illegal it would probably have to include non-consensual penetration.

Archived