IGNORED

Where I think it's going wrong... Individual Errors

Fordy62

Tonight wasn't a good game. We were much much better on Saturday. But I just wanted to share something that's been bugging me for a little while and may perhaps explain why I'm in the 'keep Cotts' camp. 

There isn't a great deal between players at this level. Specifically I'm going to talk about defenders. What the big difference is, is the regularity with which defenders make glaring errors. Individual mistakes that no one else can influence. 

Our defenders do it too often. It's not the tactics imposed on them by Cotts, it's their lack of concentration. 

Take this evening for example. Many of Preston's attacking opportunities shown in the highlights are started with our mistake. Unfortunately many of them point at a certain Marlon Pack, but there's the error by Little that let Edgar Davids through to hit the post, the fact that the whole of our 6'5'' defence allowed the ball to bounce in the box from a corner for their second goal  (and then Pack not picking up his man) and then right at the end, when we hit the post there's Aden Flint celebrating a goal rather than follow up the rebound. 

I'm not sure I can lay much blame at Cotts' door. It's the same week in week out. Errors, errors, errors. And they're costing us dear. 

My first step would be to replace Marlon Pack. Then Mark Little. A different partner for Kodjia would also help. But for gods sake, is there any danger that we can get through a single game without at least one of the players dropping a clanger? Because when we do, we'll win. 

The players are to blame here. Not Cotts. 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Tonight wasn't a good game. We were much much better on Saturday. But I just wanted to share something that's been bugging me for a little while and may perhaps explain why I'm in the 'keep Cotts' camp. 

There isn't a great deal between players at this level. Specifically I'm going to talk about defenders. What the big difference is, is the regularity with which defenders make glaring errors. Individual mistakes that no one else can influence. 

Our defenders do it too often. It's not the tactics imposed on them by Cotts, it's their lack of concentration. 

Take this evening for example. Many of Preston's attacking opportunities shown in the highlights are started with our mistake. Unfortunately many of them point at a certain Marlon Pack, but there's the error by Little that let Edgar Davids through to hit the post, the fact that the whole of our 6'5'' defence allowed the ball to bounce in the box from a corner for their second goal  (and then Pack not picking up his man) and then right at the end, when we hit the post there's Aden Flint celebrating a goal rather than follow up the rebound. 

I'm not sure I can lay much blame at Cotts' door. It's the same week in week out. Errors, errors, errors. And they're costing us dear. 

My first step would be to replace Marlon Pack. Then Mark Little. A different partner for Kodjia would also help. But for gods sake, is there any danger that we can get through a single game without at least one of the players dropping a clanger? Because when we do, we'll win. 

The players are to blame here. Not Cotts. 

The players he keeps picking and has constantly backed who are blatantly not good enough at this level and never were IMO

At what point does it become the managers fault

The excuse making on here on his behalf is becoming as awful as his own

Whatever went wrong in the summer he has had plenty of time still to rectify and strengthen the squad both before the end of the summer window and with loans and IMO Failed dismally - add to that a system that virtually every side this season has exploited and a refusal to change....

none of that's his fault ....

Sorry ridiculous post for me

Archived