IGNORED

back the manager sack the manager

leadman

just try something different, formation 2 or 3 players, anything.

we know what the teams gonna be, we know how there gonna line up.

pak, freeman or Reid  just aint championship players for me.

hell I would try ayling in there at the moment, just do something different ffs.

6 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

We're going down now I think. If this is the case then I think Cotts will be too damaged and the goodwill will have gone. 

Don't expect it to be like last season again. Too much water under the bridge. 

I think the water is about to flush the bridge down stream

It seems to be a divide between those who feel Cotts is to blame and those who feel the board are.

I have no inside knowledge so generally don't know who's to blame but something is seriously wrong.

I'm torn between SC going for unrealistic targets and then throwing his toys out the pram or the board just not being flexible enough with wages.

So many mixed messages from the club. I actually feel it has been the most frustrating season in the 20 odd years I have been supporting the club.

He's got to go for me. We can debate all we like about whether the failure to make signings is the fault of the board or the manager, but the fact is that Cotterill seems unable to change tack and make a difference. For that reason, I'm really not sure that new personnel on the pitch is enough at this stage

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

He's got to go for me. We can debate all we like about whether the failure to make signings is the fault of the board or the manager, but the fact is that Cotterill seems unable to change tack and make a difference. For that reason, I'm really not sure that new personnel on the pitch is enough at this stage

Absolutely. Even if we do make signings, I'm not actually convinced SC would use them - as he didn't with most of our loan signings from earlier in the season.

I can't really comment.  I don't live near Bristol and haven't seen the lads this season. 

But he seems inflexible with his formation.

And the squad is too small.

Preston, whom we led by 10 points at the end of last season, are now 10 points ahead of us.

Cotts IN.  But new bodies needed, loanies, whatever, it's just not working right now.  And try a flippin' back 4 for a change...

We're not certain to go down. We're one win from moving out of the relegation zone. Bolton, Charlton, Rotherham and MK Dons are all at least as bad as us.

However, last night was a must-win game and the manager failed to do everything in his power to win it.

We're not that good, but we're not down yet. Cotts OUT (I think).

At the moment its 3 from 5/6. I'm confident come the end of the season there will be 3 worse teams than us. If we can get 3 or 4 solid solid players for this level in the next few weeks I'd expect us to creep up the league and out of this mini league. 

IMO sacking him now would guarantee relegation. To little time for a new manager to be found, interviewed, come in, assess squad and buy reinforcements. This tiny squad isn't good enough, but are all playing to the best of their ability for Cotts. A new manager would probably make things worse (if possible).  

The time for changing manager was before Christmas on the back of the Derby defeat. The club has stuck with him so now is the time to do all we can to help keep us up. Once we are safe in this league then thats the time to start talking about a new manager. Not now.   

2 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

At the moment its 3 from 5/6. I'm confident come the end of the season there will be 3 worse teams than us. If we can get 3 or 4 solid solid players for this level in the next few weeks I'd expect us to creep up the league and out of this mini league. 

IMO sacking him now would guarantee relegation. To little time for a new manager to be found, interviewed, come in, assess squad and buy reinforcements. This tiny squad isn't good enough, but are all playing to the best of their ability for Cotts. A new manager would probably make things worse (if possible).  

The time for changing manager was before Christmas on the back of the Derby defeat. The club has stuck with him so now is the time to do all we can to help keep us up. Once we are safe in this league then thats the time to start talking about a new manager. Not now.   

I tend to agree that it maybe 3 from 5/6 and it pains me to say that after the performance last night and with the thread bare squad we have, it will be us as one of the three. With SC saying "My players looked tired" what hope do we have if we dont bring anyone in before 1st Feb.

Do we sack or back the manager, I'm not sure which side I stand on. if we sack him, who is out there to replace him and that can lift us out of the bottom 3. Do we stick with him and he continues as is, if he does then it will be nailed on that we go down. The squad is not good enough and certain players have not adapted to life in the Champinship. The club have failed in a big way to take on board that getting promoted would mean tougher challenges lied ahead and the failure to recruit last Summer is now biting us big time.

Fingers crossed our fortunes change over the next few weeks, but I'm not holding my breath,

5 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

I mostly agree but wouldn't have changed him before Christmas.

You are also making the enormous assumption that all the "Cotts out" brigade are doing (though I'm not including you in that) that new manager = buy reinforcements.

Why would that happen?  If Steve had got his summer targets we would be comfortable mid-table, if we buy three decent players now we will pull out of the relegation zone.

These players haven't been bought as the budget has been trimmed so I do not understand why people think that we are more likely to buy new players if we first incur th massive expense of paying up Steve and his coaching staff.   How does that work then?

IMO SC is the first team coach and is tasked with getting the best out of the players he has.  Buying additional players is not his remit.

Archived