IGNORED

The Pitch

bcfcbs20

Not using this as an excuse for last nights abject performance. But wtf is going on with pitch all four corners are bare, the whole pitch is cut up to f@@k and the ball was bobbling all over the place last night.

like I said not using it as an excuse but are we sure having 20st men groping each other for 80 mins is really helping us to play football on the ground with the pitch in such a mess.

for as long as I've been going early to mid 90s except the odd season the Ashton Gate pitch has been pristine. But as it is the pitch is only going to get worse and that worries me.

2 minutes ago, bcfcbs20 said:

Not using this as an excuse for last nights abject performance. But wtf is going on with pitch all four corners are bare, the whole pitch is cut up to f@@k and the ball was bobbling all over the place last night.

like I said not using it as an excuse but are we sure having 20st men groping each other for 80 mins is really helping us to play football on the ground with the pitch in such a mess.

for as long as I've been going early to mid 90s except the odd season the Ashton Gate pitch has been pristine. But as it is the pitch is only going to get worse and that worries me.

Nothing to do with rugby, it was fine last year. I think there is some sort of disease/parasites causing the issue myself.

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Nothing to do with rugby, it was fine last year. I think there is some sort of disease/parasites causing the issue myself.

Apparently was better last year as the pitch got more sun and air with there being no building where the South Stand is now. The grass will grow better once undersoil heating has been set up.

17 minutes ago, marmite said:

Must be something wrong with it. I've never seen so many players go down with "cramp" in one game as I did with the PNE players last night. (and we still couldn't beat them!)

Hmmmmm. Think this may have been nothing to do with the pitch and everything to do with time wasting!

theres bugger all wrong with this pitch, as many teams have shown whilst collecting 3pts from us already this season. 

25 minutes ago, marmite said:

Must be something wrong with it. I've never seen so many players go down with "cramp" in one game as I did with the PNE players last night. (and we still couldn't beat them!)

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Hmmmmm. Think this may have been nothing to do with the pitch and everything to do with time wasting!

theres bugger all wrong with this pitch, as many teams have shown whilst collecting 3pts from us already this season. 

I was being sarcastic Nickolas.

Archived